Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

by Twincicle123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I heard a while back that there was a sims 2 ultimate collection give away! I missed the date and am wondering if any one knows how I could still get it. I love the sims series, and am really hoping that it still going. Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 15 (1,084 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Community Manager

@Twincicle123 Hi again,

While that is absolutely true, I am currently not aware of any plans for another give away.

That said, let's see what the future brings.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (1,097 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Twincicle123 Hi,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is unfortunately not available anymore. That said, if you still have your old Sims 2 disks, you can still play the game using those without the Origin Client.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 15 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Or what about another give away! that would be awesome to the ones who missed it!

Message 3 of 15 (1,059 Views)

Community Manager

@Twincicle123 Hi again,

While that is absolutely true, I am currently not aware of any plans for another give away.

That said, let's see what the future brings.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 15 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what I was going to post. I just got a new laptop and it doesn't have a disc drive so I don't have the ability to install it. So now I'm either at risk of downloading a virus with a hacked version of the game, or Origin and EA having an unsatisfied customer. I shouldn't be penalized for missing a deadline I didn't even know about. It's almost like you want to get rid of Sims 2. Which was the best Sims game by far! If there's anyway that there could be a re-release, make sure it's marketed and advertised so that customers know when their favorite game is going to be wiped off the fave of the Earth.

Message 5 of 15 (1,029 Views)

Community Manager

@DreyaD128 Hi there,

If you have the original discs and proof of purchase get in touch with an EA Advisor and we should be able to assist you once we are able to verify ownership: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your EA Account and choose "Origin" as product, your platform, "Codes and promotions" as topic and "Invalid code" and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answers HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 6 of 15 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi I am currently having an issue with regards to the sims 2 ultimate collection as I was also unaware of the deadline. I do have a copy of the sims 2 and other expansion packs. Yet when I go to "start a case" and click live chat  it comes up that the page is not found. I would love to get this resolved as I am a big fan of the sims 2. I am also currently trying to add Sims 2 to Origin which does not seem to be working yet I was able to add the Sims Medieval game to my library. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Message 7 of 15 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,There was a release for this collection a while back, but it expired. There is other options though as I've recently just got mine too because I had the same issue, you need to contact the EA you can either do a live chat via internet, or a phone chat. I think the best option would be the live chat though. the waiting time may vary but they are great help, if you have a sims 2 disc already you can be entitled to this collection, I have a sims 2 disc already so I had to take a picture of my name and date and the code they provide you with written on a piece of paper with the disc and manual also in the picture, you can also place in the expansions you already have and put them the picture also showing the disc and manual proving you have a copy but this is optional. after I attached the photo and sent them it ( you may need to ask for the link) and afterwards they were able to grant me with the sims 2 collection.

it depends on who you get connected to though most people get it without having to show a copy but just by giving the security answer to your orgin account.

Hope this helps all the best!

the link for to contact EA

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin

Message 8 of 15 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA should make this download a PERMANENT LINK to download since they are not going to support it any longer. This is very disappointing and I will reconsider my purchases in the future when it comes to a game made by EA

Message 9 of 15 (854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the link for the Sims 2 Ultimate collection in my games on Origin.  Unfortunately, when I start downloading it, it downloads Sims 3 expansions instead of the Sims 2.  Any particular reason why this is happening and how do I get the Ultimate collection on my new hard drive when the download isn't working?

Message 10 of 15 (814 Views)