Re: Serious EA account issue

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Serious EA account issue

★★ Novice

I have been trying ALL DAMN DAY to get a live chat or email option via contact us after encountering a potential serious issue last night but to NO AVAIL

I'm extremely worked up and stressed which doesn't help because I all ready have enough to deal with my mental illness and I don't know to do or what is going on. I can't find the right information, I can't get help and I have no way of contacting anyone. I didn't even realise I could write something here, I NEVER REALLY USED EA before. 

All of this aggro started when I wanted to take advantage of special offers for the sims 3 store last night (Now can't!). I needed simpoints or to buy something through Origins. Upon being automatically redirected I noticed my account was all ready signed in and had my PSN username (Probably because the only time I ever used EA was to buy battlefield 3 premium for the ps3, then later Spore for Steam).

I click my account out of curiosity and the first thing I saw under security was some Russian text and at first I thought this was something to do with EA. Then I realised no, that's my security question that has been changed, I ONLY speak English.

At this point I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do, I can't change anything because I need to answer the security question but I can't.

I also had my medication which puts me to sleep so I knew I had very little time to sort stuff out but I guess luckily I took them later then normal this time. However I wasn't able to find or get help in time hence why I tried all day today. Even asked on the Sims forums because I thought other players might help me understand EA support. 

It's now coming up to 10pm UK time and I don't know what to do. I don't want to log out of my accounts in case I can't get back on. I haven't played the sims in fear of my steam being breached if my EA account somehow got hacked, I haven't been able to make any purchases because I'm paranoid about my details. I missed out on the store I just don't know, if it seems like I'm rambling then sorry but I can't describe how worked up I am over this.

I also can't call, I don't feel comfortable at all with phone calls due to my mental health. 

PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 5 (328 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hello @Ahrimanian,

I am truly sorry to hear you have encountered this situation and that contacting our support has caused such frustration.

Our support should be able to help with changing your security question via live chat so there should be no need to call. To get a hold of an Advisor using live chat, please try the following:

1. Go to Help.EA.com and make sure you are logged in to the site in top right hand side, also please make sure UK is selected from the drop-down list for country.
  2.  After logging in on Help.EA.com, please click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&issue=cant-...
  3. Select Chat - another window should pop up asking you to wait and providing a case ID number - please do not close this window.

As soon as an Advisor is available you should be connected.

Again, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and please let us know if you run into any issues with this.

- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (338 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @Ahrimanian,

I am truly sorry to hear you have encountered this situation and that contacting our support has caused such frustration.

Our support should be able to help with changing your security question via live chat so there should be no need to call. To get a hold of an Advisor using live chat, please try the following:

1. Go to Help.EA.com and make sure you are logged in to the site in top right hand side, also please make sure UK is selected from the drop-down list for country.
  2.  After logging in on Help.EA.com, please click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&issue=cant-...
  3. Select Chat - another window should pop up asking you to wait and providing a case ID number - please do not close this window.

As soon as an Advisor is available you should be connected.

Again, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and please let us know if you run into any issues with this.

- Kristi

Message 2 of 5 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When do you have chat advisers available please?

Edit: nvm, it just changed. Going to try and get help. Will update results in due course.

Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Kristi for the link. I was put through to a friendly representative and everything seems to be okay now. I feel a lot calmer and comfortable.

Message 4 of 5 (286 Views)

EA Staff

Super glad to hear that @Ahrimanian. Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or advice for other players.

- Kristi

Message 5 of 5 (244 Views)