Re: Secret Intel Not reducing Illuminated Destiny

by MistPassiert

Original Post

Secret Intel Not reducing Illuminated Destiny

EA DICE Team

This post is part of the bugs and issues forum transition.

While doing my Galactic War this evening I believe I uncovered a bug where BB-8's Illiminated destiny cooldown is not being appropraitely reduced when allies who have the buff are taking turns. I've recorded gameplay that demonstrates that this cooldown effect is only taking place when at unit who has the buff uses a Special Ability. However the wording of the ability does not clearly state that the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is ONLY reduced when allies who are buffed with Secret Intel use a Special Ability. The bug either lies in that the ability is not working as intended, or the ability description is not clear, and possibly misleading.

You can clearly see in the below video that several times after an ally with the Secret Intel buff uses a basic attack instead of a special attack, when it comes back around to BB-8, Illuminated Destiny has only been reduced for the exposes being hit.

Message 1 of 5 (491 Views)

EA DICE Team

Description seems pretty clear to me that the cd decrease is only after special abilities are used.

Secret Intel: +25% Potency and when another ally uses a Special ability they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns, THEN the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel.
Message 2 of 5 (490 Views)

EA DICE Team

This. Secret Intel description explicitly says special ability, so I'm not sure where you think it's unclear unless you are dealing with a translation into a non-English language.
Message 3 of 5 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
"Secret Intel: +25% Potency and when another ally uses a Special ability they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns, THEN the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel."

Depending on how you interpret the placement of the comma it can be read to mean that if another ally uses a special ability they gain the secret Intel buff, and then if they have the buff the cooldown is reduced by 1 for each ally with secret Intel. Meaning if an ally already had the buff (since it lasts more than 1 turn) and used a basic attack they wouldn't gain (refresh) the buff, but THEN the cooldown on illuminated destiny is reduced by one at the end of their turn since they already had the buff. Comma placement is important. If the special ability was what triggered the cooldown reduction, the comma seems inappropriate. It should then read, "Secret Intel: +25% Potency and when another ally uses a Special ability they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns and the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel."

This is why grammar should still be taught in schools.
Message 4 of 5 (472 Views)

Hero (Retired)
The comma placement is fine. There is only one WHEN in this sentence, and that is contingent on another ally using a special ability. That is the only thing the THEN could be referring to.

If you take that out, it would read, "Secret Intel: +25% Potency and then the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny...", which actually doesn't make much sense. The +25% Potency is not an action that takes place during a turn; it is a boost that persists while the buff is present. Maybe they could add another comma or a semicolon after "Potency," but the meaning of the ability description seems perfectly clear.
Message 5 of 5 (426 Views)