Re: Screenshots Won't Save Correctly

by master2g

Original Post

Screenshots Won't Save Correctly

★ Novice

Hi all,

Over the last couple of months, I've noticed that any screenshots I take while playing an Origin game don't upload correctly.  Whether I'm trying to upload them to Dropbox, OneDrive, a Screenshots folder on Windows, even to paste them into a word document or something similar, they all show up as either just black screens or a screenshot of whatever the desktop behind the game is showing.  I've attached an example from when I was trying to take a screenshot of Mass Effect Andromeda's start screen a few minutes ago..  Sometimes it will work just fine for one shot right when the game boots up, but then it stops.  I've looked in the game folders, and none of them even have a screenshot folder.  I'm running Windows 8.1.  Is this something that anyone else has experienced?  Or am I doing something wrong?  I've run games as administrator, uninstalled and reinstalled games and Dropbox/OneDrive, and nothing seems to be working.  It used to work just fine, so I'm not sure what happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8 (439 Views)

Community Manager

@psamantl

Have you tried either using Shift+PrtScn while in windowed mode or maybe even using a third party app?

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (429 Views)

★ Novice

I gave your suggestions a try and got the same result with both the Shift+PrtScn and trying out three different third party apps.  I'm gonna keep looking around.  Thank you so much for responding so quickly though!! I really do appreciate the help.

Message 3 of 8 (417 Views)

Community Manager

@psamantl

You are welcome. Maybe come back and post what works best for you when you can?

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (409 Views)

★ Novice

So playing windowed borderless mode allows me to take screenshots just fine, but causes a ridiculous amount of lag, so much so that it makes it difficult to even play the game.  I'm going to do a couple of things to try to solve that problem and will post here when I've got it figured out.

Message 5 of 8 (390 Views)

★★ Pro

What format are the screen shots in ? By format i mean are they jpg , png , bmp or other ?

Message 6 of 8 (383 Views)

★ Novice

They automatically save as PNG files.  

Message 7 of 8 (333 Views)

★★ Pro

Is there a way you could possibly change the save format to either jpg or bmp ?  Maybe is the format itself that is giving you issues. A slight possibility bmp or jpg may save correctly. Not for sure but worth a try if you are able.Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (324 Views)