SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

by G4thoblaster

Original Post

Re: SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

★★★ Novice

I am quite frustrated at this point. I spent time with EA support chat last night.  They read all my troubleshooting I've done so far and asked me to 'repair' the game.  That made no difference.  They then ended the chat by sending me an email with a long list of things to do that "will surely solve my problems."  The list was to basically uninstall and reinstall Origin and Titanfall 2.  This did not work and now there is no easy way to keep the case going as they closed it.  EA support model is atrocious.  Getting help is non existent as I keep getting referred to this site that has ZERO answers.  Not sure what recourse I have at this point.  I've even tried tweeting at support to no avail.

Message 11 of 38 (4,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wow, that sucks.  Is it too late to return the game because its unplayable?

Message 12 of 38 (4,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did some more troubleshooting with EA support.  Totally useless.  They will not focus on the game at all, just a standard list of: reinstall origin, reinstall titanfall 2, update drivers, ccleaner, clean boot, blah blah blah.  I point out to them that there are others on forums with the same issue and that my other games work just fine. If EA or Respawn would just ACKNOWLEDGE the issue and let us know something will be addressed in an update I'd be fine.  EA's ridiculous support steps aren't getting me or anyone else the resolution we need.

Message 13 of 38 (4,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

I applied the latest update for my 980ti from Nvidia and performance has improved a bit.  I can play in campaign mode with little sound distortion but multiplayer is a different story.  Once a lot of action begins to occur, especially when Titans are involved, the sound gets distorted pretty quick.

Message 14 of 38 (4,322 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting audio breakup on my Xbox One S mainly during Multiplayer. It's really annoying and frustrating.

Message 15 of 38 (4,310 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue with my logitech x-530 5.1 surround set. The sounds resembles that annoying noise you hear when a subwoofer is powered on (low humming) in combination with the game noises. It seems to appear in random situations in every gamemode without concistency. You can't hear anything properly and it makes it hard to play. I noticed that the controls get a bit sturdier when this happens. I'd like a solution to this problem

Message 16 of 38 (4,303 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having the same issue and found that my CPU was getting maxed out. Closed a pesky program that was causing it and voila, no more sound/stuttering issues.

Message 17 of 38 (4,263 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did the update solve this for anyone?  It didn't for me.

Message 18 of 38 (4,241 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sound is still distorted as ever when I tried playing last night.

Message 19 of 38 (4,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

For PC:

Back some time ago, I had an issue where Scorch and Legion would have a sound of a space ship taking off stuck in a loop inside their coсkpits.

This was solved by changing sound fromat from 4.1 to stereo in Windows settings (the current format is displayed in Titanfall audio settings). Judging from your description, the core of the problem may be the same, so I'd advise trying that.

Message 20 of 38 (4,226 Views)