SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

by G4thoblaster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

★★★★ Novice

Everytime Im in a match the sound is breaking down and sounds like somebody rubbing a microphone. I tried restarting my game I tried restarting my PC nothing works..

Its really intense when playing as pilot but almost fine when in titan

Message 1 of 38 (23,055 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

★★★★★ Novice

I was able to go into my windows settings and change it to Stereo.  However, once I was in game I still encountered the issue.  Granted, it hasn't been as bad for me since the early days it still happens enough that it is noticeable.

View in thread

Message 26 of 38 (25,076 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@G4thoblaster Hi, do you regularly play with anyone? If so can you try muting them?

If it happens constantly, can you try muting the whole lobby, as well as hardware muting your own mic?

Thanks, hopefully this helps to focus in on where the problem is. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 38 (22,905 Views)

★ Novice

If he is having the same problem as me, it also shows up in the campaign.

Message 3 of 38 (22,887 Views)

Community Manager

@curiosikey Are you on PC? If you try swapping to a different audio device (if one is available) does that affect the issue?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 38 (22,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It's inconsistent. The first hour I played was basically pure garbled mess, it's gotten better since then with it only happening a few times a round. I ended up testing with some music running in the background (wasn't able to test with a second audio device, so compared separate audio sources) and the music playing worked just fine playing through the same device. I was playing the game with the music running and Titanfall had the audio issues but the music was perfectly fine at the exact same times.

edit: forgot to mention that it happens when I'm in discord or not. It happens when I'm in a party and when I'm not.  It seems voice systems don't have any impact on it.

Thanks for getting back to me btw.

Message 5 of 38 (22,873 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i have the same issue.

Single player some times sound just goes all "like someone rubbing a mic" like and it happens on my speakers, headset, tv speakers, monitor speakers, you name it.

Never a sound issue in any thing else.  My motherboard is brand new and I doubt the onboard sound is going (its a MSI GAMING 970 AMD board) 

Maybe its the cpu reaching close to max load and somethings gotta give?

Message 6 of 38 (22,865 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, if you're familiar with how to do so (right click your speaker icon and choos audio devices, then check the Properties for the device) can you try changing the sound format and see if that changes anything. 

Try 16 bit, 44100 Hz and try again and see if that changes anything?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 38 (22,856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and my audio is at these settings as well. The other week there was another thread about this that remained unanswered.  Currently the game audio is set to 7.1 Surround Sound.  I don't have 7.1 Surround Sound for my headset.  Every other game out there would allow me to change Audio to "Headset" but this one doesn't.

Message 8 of 38 (22,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

This audio issue is affecting the play ability of this game.  Until there is a fix for this audio issue I cannot play.  Searching the web finds many users having this issue on the PC. Everyone has updated their drivers, set the audio quality to the lowest setting in the properties for their playback device and even significantly lowered graphics properties and none of this works.  The sound distortion/popping/garbled speech happens in single player and MP.  There is a serious bug here and I have yet to find a real answer from EA on even acknowledging the issue.

Message 9 of 38 (22,808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here.  Haven't played for week now because of this.  I hope EA would at least acknowledge this is a bug and they are working on it.

Message 10 of 38 (22,796 Views)