Re: Ranked matches with real people

by patdk75

Original Post

Ranked matches with real people

★★ Novice

Are all ranked matches with real people over the internet ?

Message 1 of 5 (520 Views)

★★ Guide

Ive wondered the same. I'm a cynic though, and no doubt many others will reply saying yes they are. However, the fact that your wondering like I d is adding adding more weight to my guess. I also, asked whether the card draw is RNG, because to me...it seems like an AI is playing at times. I can play a brand new card deck and win a few games. Then, after say 3 games of winning, all of sudden the player I'm matched up against has the correct cards at correct time to beat my deck. Its as if, they know what deck I am playing. I've even had it when I'm playing a player that has far superior cards to my puney deck, I suddenly get great legendary cards from my conjuring..which then evens the match out, and gives me a small chance of winning. Yet when I asked about card draw in this forum.. Others were quick to reply saying no it's RNG.. I don't believe in coincidences on that level though. 

Message 2 of 5 (517 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wilegricman wrote:

Are all ranked matches with real people over the internet ?

As far as we know, yes.  Why would EA substitute AI matches?  No benefit on their end and it would take away a resource (the player playing an AI game) from being played against other players, making queue lines longer.  Sometimes you run into people who are lucky enough to top every card you play and other times you run into people who are A) experimenting with decks or B) they let someone else play or C) drew some really bad cards as reasons for why they played you poorly.

BPRD

Message 3 of 5 (501 Views)

★★ Guide

I think of reasons why they would us an AI. I have also played this game long enough to remember they did use Penelopea which was an AI. If you want a ranked match, and there wasn't a player available they might well use an AI. Also to slow down players getting to ultimate league, after all if you can't win your match, you might well get that advert suggesting you buy a premium pack of cards, to help you win. 

Message 4 of 5 (492 Views)

★★ Pro
No doubt...cuz those 5 uncommons and a rare you have 4 of already are really going to boost my chances 🙄
Message 5 of 5 (483 Views)