[old report] PvZ GW2 - Keyboard and Mouse are not responding

by LautiMaquina

Original Post

[old report] PvZ GW2 - Keyboard and Mouse are not responding

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Downloaded and installed the Standard Edition of PvZ GW2 using Origin.

Although I get the Intel driver warning, I hit OK and the game starts fine. I see the intro without being able to skip it.

When the game starts, the sunflower stays still and I'm not able to move it at all. I can´t even exit the game normally, I have to Alt+Tab to kill the task.

The mouse and keyboard work perfectly with any other game, I actually have PvZ GW1 installed and working flawlessly.

I don´t have a gamepad, so that´s not an option.

My setup is an i5 with 8 gb of RAM and an Intel HD4600 Graphics Card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 42 (18,570 Views)

Re: PvZ GW2 - Keyboard & Mouse are not supposed to respond with IGPs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You are seeing exactly what the developers anticipated for you to see.  There is no support in either game for any of Intel's wannabe video devices. 

MINIMUM
OS: Windows 7 64-bit/ Windows 8.1 64-bit/ Windows 10 64-bit
CPU: 3.20 GHz Intel i5 650/ 2.5 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9850
RAM: At least 4GB for Windows 7/ Windows 8.1/ Windows 10
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640/ AMD Radeon HD 5750
DirectX: 11
Input: Keyboard and Mouse, Analogue Controller
Online Connection Requirements: 192 KBPS or faster internet connection

Message 2 of 42 (18,501 Views)

Re: PvZ GW2 - Keyboard and Mouse are not responding

★★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem but I'm actually using an nvidia geforce. If your graphic card wouldn't be good enough the game shouldn't open at all. I think it might be a bug with a certain type of computer/driver but I'm not sure. Did you try to use a controler? I heard it might work with that but I couldn't try it myself because I dont have one.

Hopefully there will come a good solution for it soon.
Message 3 of 42 (18,487 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Try ctrl+fn+esc and the mouse and keyboard will react Wink ( recomendation at the beggining or during the video) after pressing those bottoms will appear a new window just close or accept it and you will be abl3 to play normaly Wink
Message 4 of 42 (18,476 Views)

Re: PvZ GW2 - Keyboard nor Mouse are supposed to respond

★★★★★ Expert

Any suggestion from a member that results in a fried video chip from overstress and overstrain must be understood to be the gamble taken by another member who was unwilling to accept the official limitations established by the published system requirements.

Message 5 of 42 (18,452 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

try update your graphics card driver?

Message 6 of 42 (18,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
If you have NVIDIA the solution is very simple and easy:

1.- Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking an empty area on your Desktop and selecting NVIDIA Control Panel. (You can also find it via the Windows Control Panel if you prefer.)
2.- Click on Manage 3D Settings.
3.- Click the Program Settings tab.
4.- To add your game to the list, click on Add beside the pull-down menu.
5.- Navigate to and select the program you want to add to this list "PvZGW2"
7.- Under Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: make sure to select "High-performance NVIDIA processor."
8.- Click Apply.

Have Fun 😄😄😄
Message 7 of 42 (18,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know how this happened, but I press alt tab or other stuff and it istarted to work

Message 8 of 42 (18,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this problem where my mouse and keyboard still aren't working when i launch the game. I did all the control panel stuff, which got the game running. I HAVE actually been able to get the mouse and keyboard working somehow and was able to play the game. but every time i open the game again, I can't use the mouse or keyboard. even tho, during the intro i can move the mouse around on the screen, but can't click or skip intro, (if that's even possible), and when i'm in the village thing where you spawn when first loading in, I can't move, or shoot, or look around.

I barely make the specs for the game, but I lowered settings when I actually had the chance to, so it does actually run for me. Just really annoying that the mouse and keyboard won't be recognized consistently. I've been looking through the forums and google. and all the answers say to do the nvidia control panel thing, which i already did, so please don't respond with that. I also read something about the origin client thing, but when i try to start mine in the task manager, it starts, goes to running, then immediately stops. Does it need to be constantly running, if so, how do i get it to keep running? 

Also, is there a command line to launch the program in full screen? I changed it to windowed to stream, and i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it? if not nvm this last question, if it does any help would be appreciated. Standard smile

Thank you.

Message 9 of 42 (18,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Running a game in a window reduces the stress that the game puts on a low end system, enabling it to run, at least to some extent, when otherwise it cannot. 

nVIDIA's mobile video devices have innumerable problems of all kinds, they are unreliable and unstable, and will ignore the control panel settings quite often.  Certain of them have been much worse than others.  The 660s, 760s, and 860s of Optimus cards are apparently the most faulty of all in that regard, and required considerable work on the drivers to overcome the defects.  

Message 10 of 42 (18,361 Views)