Re: PvZ GW 2 Multiplayer Error

by realitysquared

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] PvZ GW2 unable to connect to Multiplayer Servers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Cant play any multiplayer mode at all on GW2 for 2 days when it started to happen. But before that i had no problems at all playing and connecting without problem. Then they send a big text of things to fix it but nothing worked at all. While my friend got the same problem when he downloaded it and wanted to play with me and he tried the "selutions" it fixed it. So i figured that if i join his lobby and we search together it would work but i only made the problem come back and he did some of the options again. And it fixed again and im still here stuck cant play at all and no help from the "support".

Message 4 of 242 (5,074 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant play multiplayer on GW2

Community Manager

*** Marking as solution for easier visibility ***

Hi PvZ Fans, 

Thanks for taking a moment to reach out to the community and share what you are experiencing. 

I wanted to confirm if anyone may still be running into issues with connecting to GW2 servers or running into error "Failed to find a Match"

If so please try the following steps based on your platform. 

Xbox:

Spoiler
  • Quit the game and other running apps from Quick Resume (For Series X|S consoles)
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open you're Xbox NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 

Playstation:

Spoiler
  • Clear the systems cache (Close the game completely > Turn off the console > Wait 30-60 seconds > Restart and Relaunch)
  • Verify you signed into your PSN account
  • Check for updates 
  • Restore Licence
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open your PS5 NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Entering Safe Mode and Rebuild your PS database

PC:

Spoiler
  • EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery) 
  • Repair/Verify your game based on which client you are launching from
    • EA App - Repair (My Collection > Tile Dots > Repair)
    • EGS - Repair (Library > Tile dots > Manage > Verify)
    • Steam - Verify in your library
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Default your game to the high-performance GPU, AMD Settings | Nvidia Settings | Windows Settings 
  • Install/Repair your VC++ files for the game (Microsoft VC++ Link)
  • Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  • Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 

If you continue running into errors please let us know the following:

Platform:

PSN ID/Xbox GT:

Region:

Are you getting an error message?

Date this issue started (is it still happening?)?

Is anything else happening?

Please share any steps you've tried to far to resolve the issue:

Share a Screenshot or Clip of this happening...

If on PC, please share a DxDiag (Allows us to get PC Spec's, Check for errors/crashes, and look at drivers)

We'll be forwarding it to the teams here to aide them and when we find out more information we'll update this post.

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 200 of 242 (3,066 Views)

All Replies

Re: PvZ GW 2 Multiplayer Error

Hero (Retired)
Out of curiosity, does the child's account have a date of birth associated with it indicating that they are under the age of 10?

Sometimes despite altering the privileges the account still might be denied access due to the fact that it's a child's account.
Message 1 of 242 (4,754 Views)

Cant play any Multiplayer

★★★ Newbie

Hey, maybe someone knows why when I enter the portal, it searches for a match but then it appears that the match is not found?

I was playing yesterday and it was fine for me, now nothing
Message 2 of 242 (5,026 Views)

Re: Cant play any Multiplayer

★★★★★ Novice

I got the same problem starting to happen 2 days ago and cant get it fixed even with their "help". My friend had the same problem but got fixed with the trouble shooting they sent, but not for me. 

Message 3 of 242 (5,010 Views)

★★ Guide

Same Here. No multiplayer games except for OPS.  All servers,  all  game modes dead.  Unacceptable for this to go on for 2 days. 

Message 5 of 242 (5,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

damn thats just stupid i try it every day to join a lobby but still cant the only thing that can be done is waiting until they patch it or update it :/

Message 6 of 242 (4,980 Views)

GW2 Day 3 Without Multiplayer

★★ Guide

This is the 3rd day in a row without multiplayer. 

Message 7 of 242 (5,017 Views)

Re: GW2 Day 3 Without Multiplayer

Message 8 of 242 (4,988 Views)

Message 9 of 242 (4,957 Views)

★ Guide

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/Failed-to-find-a-match/td-p/11501337

Same problem for me. I usually go for Turf Takeover on North American East servers on PC. A few days ago I would get nothing buy empty WallNut Hills games, but for the last few days just "Failed to find a match"

Message 10 of 242 (5,015 Views)