Re: Problem with a bad driver!

by T8er_Chip

Original Post

Problem with performance

★ Novice

Hello,
I've tried contacting EA via the chat service but I ended up waiting for ages... Anyway,yesterday on the 21/03/2017 I've installed the 378.92 (the latest) Nvidia driver, ever since then my Battlefield 1 game has been broken. I am experiencing stuttering on the cut scenes, my FPS drops dramatically. During game play FPS doesn't seem to be affected, however it feels different than usual, in a bad way. I have tried re-installing my older driver but that didn't help. I've tried running the game on the lowest settings, I've played with resolutions, windowed/board less, I've even removed the OC from my CPU & GPU, I've removed the OC from my monitor as well, I've tried repairing the game, I've tried everything I could think of but nothing helped, I keep getting stuttering on the cut scenes, they take longer than usual to skip, and also the game play experience has been worse ever since yesterday. I have tried playing other game, I do not have problems with any other game.I never had a problem with the game until this moment. This happened out of nowhere and I have no idea what might be the reason for that, I hope someone can help me out.

My PC:
GeForce GTX 1070
i5-4690k 4.2 GHz 
16 GB RAM
1920x1080, 66 Hz

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

When going back to using the unbroken driver that was working previously, use DDU!  It's a free utility that will clear the registry and reinstall the usable driver "Clean".

Message 2 of 5 (344 Views)

★ Novice

I have mentioned that I did install my older driver again, however that didn't change anything.

Message 3 of 5 (336 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried what you said, it didn't work. I also re-installed the game all over again, removed all my OC's. The stutter on the cut scenes and poor performance in game remained for some unknown reason.

Message 4 of 5 (307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's may be their servers and NOT your new setup.  I've been experiencing problems on BF1 via Xbox One for the last week.  (Today is March 22, 2017.)  While searching the internet to determine if others were having issues, I saw reports of issues on PS4 too.  (That's how I found your question.)

Sucks that their issues happened at the same time you did your update. EA always seems to leave it up to their customers to try to determine what the problem is, as opposed to being up front and about it and maybe even providing a status that's easy to find.  It just works again... eventually.  ;-)

Message 5 of 5 (296 Views)