Re: Problem with St. Louis Data Center?

by RockM66

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with St. Louis Data Center?

★ Novice

If I live near St. Louis, why is my St. Louis data center ping 49 while New York is 42 and Virginia 39? Something must be wrong with the St. Louis data center. The best ping is Iowa (26) but I can't seem to find PVP games there.

Message 1 of 4 (1,251 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi, thanks for the post.

It sounds like there may be a network routing issue, or could just be a glitch in tracking.If you play connected to St. Louis do you have noticeably different pings? As far as I'm aware some of the datacenters are clustered together so you won't just be playing with folks on your datacenter. So as long as you're not picking an far away/EU datacenter you should have the same experience. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,250 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, thanks for the post.

It sounds like there may be a network routing issue, or could just be a glitch in tracking.If you play connected to St. Louis do you have noticeably different pings? As far as I'm aware some of the datacenters are clustered together so you won't just be playing with folks on your datacenter. So as long as you're not picking an far away/EU datacenter you should have the same experience. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,251 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much, I'll have a look at the in-game pings for the different data centers. That would be great if some of the data centers cluster in order to have player overlap. However, I had a hard time finding PVP matches (wait>4min) on the lower ping Iowa server while the Saint Louis server found PVP matches pretty quickly. That might have been a fluke, but if it's real I think it would suggest those two servers aren't clustering.

Message 3 of 4 (1,234 Views)

★ Novice

The in-game ping for St. Louis is around 40-70, but I haven't noticed substantial rubberbanding, etc, on that server, so it's not that bad. Just a bit unexpected to see those data center pings. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4 (1,215 Views)