Permanent Problem: BF1 stopped working

by Sanlukaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Permanent Problem: BF1 stopped working

★★★★★ Novice

I bought my PC in February and I couldn't finish a single multiplayer match yet. Specs:

• i5 6400
  • GTX 1060 3G
  • 1x8GB RAM
  • Sentey XCP530 Real

I can just only play 2-3 minutes of the match before the popular message appears: BF1 stopped working. I play in Ultra at 75 frames per second. My nvidia drivers are the latest ones and I have all the programs updated (DirectX, Microsoft NET Framework, etc...) Tried this commands with the cmd but they didn't work:

sfc /scannow
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /startComponentCleanup
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I don't have any problems with temperatures or CPU/GPU overload. I reinstalled Windows 10 and the game twice. Also happens with BF4 and BF3, but I can last longer in the match. I've tried almost all the possible forms to fix this but it seems it's impossible. It's a hardware problem? Software? Drivers? I don´t know.

Message 1 of 10 (2,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Permanent Problem: BF1 stopped working

★★★★★ Novice

I've solved the problem by installing Windows 8.1 Thankfully I can enjoy the game again!

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (2,894 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... { @Sanlukaa }

Did you update your Windows OS and your graphic drivers...

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 2 of 10 (2,034 Views)

Community Manager

@Sanlukaa It may also help to turn down your graphics from Ultra, and see if things are more stable. I'd start by turning down post-processing effects. Perhaps if you check the Nvidia Geforce Experience program for the game and try optimising setting. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 10 (2,026 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@INicexixI of course, basically I have the lastest updates of all the programs that I have in my PC, including Nvidia drivers and the latest update (today) of Windows 10.

@EA_David Already tried that before. First I optimazed the game with GeForce Experience, but then I even keep crashing with all my settings in Low.

Today I did a Windows registry cleanup and I'm still crashing on the 3 games. A month ago I attempted with making a clean install of Windows 10 (twice) and the problem persists. Maybe it's a RAM problem? Should I install Windows 8.1?

Message 4 of 10 (2,010 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Sanlukaa,

could you be so nice and provide a DxDiag file and attach it to your post?

That might come in handy when trying to pin down the culprit, especially when it comes to crashing programs. Here's how you create & upload the file.

Message 5 of 10 (2,000 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok Wondering

Message 6 of 10 (1,993 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Sanlukaa,

thanks for the DxDiag file - based on the info contained, could you try those two things:

- Create a new Admin account in Win 10, restart the PC, sign in with this account and launch the game from there

- Run the System file checker to check for missing / corrupt system files

Feel free to share the results here

Message 7 of 10 (1,988 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It didn't work, I saw on one post that the user changed his CPU and it worked. Should I change it too? It works well...

Message 8 of 10 (1,964 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've solved the problem by installing Windows 8.1 Thankfully I can enjoy the game again!

Message 9 of 10 (2,895 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Sanlukaa and thank you for sharing your solution with us here. Enjoy the game, and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,926 Views)