Re: Paying via Paypal Account

by xtomyserrax

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Good Day

I am kind of confused, about 4 days ago I made a purchase on Battlefield 1 to buy something ingame. As usual the Payment goes over Origin. There all I did was pay with my PayPal account balance, which has a balance of enough money. It all went smoothly and I did not bat an eye.

Today allthough I saw the new Star Wars Battlefront II and I wanted to Preorder it. Now when paying I choose paying with Paypal and it asks me to give them my Credit Card Info (I don't own a credit card). I somehow can't choose paying with my PayPal account balance.

I don't understand... I payed with my PayPal account balance about 4 days ago and it worked with no problem.

To be on the same Page with my PayPal balance just incase someone dosen't know what I am talking about:

I added this money to my PayPal account through a debit card transaction. I thought PayPal was like a step inbetween when buying things online.

Cheers

Message 31 of 64 (2,225 Views)

EA DICE Team

@crowlex420xD

Hi,

That's a great question - thanks for reaching out!

The difference between the orders is that Battlefront is a pre-order. We don't charge pre-orders until about a week before or two before launch. We therefore require a payment method attached to your account from which funds can be drawn at any time; e.g. your PayPal balance could be zero by the time the game launches, in which case your pre-order would fail. By still having the credit card attached the order will still go through.

Hope this helps!

Message 32 of 64 (2,216 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87

Thank you for your awnser

This awnsers my question. Thank you for your quick response!

Cheers

Message 33 of 64 (2,212 Views)

EA DICE Team

@crowlex420xD

You're welcome!

And... don't forget about our awesome little forum community once you're deep into Battlefront II! We would love to have you back for a chat to discuss how you're enjoying the game.. :eahigh_file:

Cheers,

Message 34 of 64 (2,206 Views)

★★ Novice

Disappointing that you cant use Paypal cash, that is the main thing about Paypal... And the worst thing is that you EA staff dont answer this type of comments. It has none sense what you are doing, the times where EA was awesome it let you buy with Paypal cash, nowadays we can see how this is. I wish noone buys you any more game, you deserve that because of blocking one of the most used payment methods via online.

Thank you, well done.

Message 35 of 64 (2,187 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xtomyserrax

You can use your PayPal balance, but we would still like you to have an additional payment method attached in case there is a problem with your balance.

Message 36 of 64 (2,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is not a good answer. I can pre-order using paypal on Steam or steam credits. Why cannot we buy EA/Origins game credits via Paypal. Then use those game credits for pre-order

Orgins/EA...you really need to talk with Gabe Newell at Valve and learn how they work with credit. Because your method sucks. It is very rude to your customers to have a bad experience like this.

Message 37 of 64 (2,150 Views)

EA DICE Team

@minamiSenju

I would love to have a chat with Gabe! If I ever get the chance.. Frown

But yes, you are correct - the experience can be improved and we've heard you on this. But for now we still require a payment method attached to PayPal.

Kind regards,

Message 38 of 64 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom! 

My name is Annabel and I'm a massive fan of The Sims. I've recently tried to download some game packs and such from Origin, and I've also tried the official Sims 4 site where you can download stuff. It is worth mentioning that I have a debit card attached to Paypal and I live in Australia.

I successfully add things to my cart and then I press Pay now and it gets me to log on, and then it says:

"We’re sorry, we can't complete your purchase right now.

Please return to the seller’s website and choose another way to pay."

Then it has a big blue button that says "return to merchant". Am I doing something wrong here?!
I have done this quite recently and have gotten Vampires game pack and a couple others but now it just won't work.

Thanks in advance,
Annabel
Message 39 of 64 (2,112 Views)

★ Apprentice

So ,

if until launch day hackers hack your servers , they will steal all our CC credentials because the billing page is asking Credit Cards CCV to be stored  and we will lost money and we will never buy the game AND  you will never TAKE MONEY !

3 disasters in a raw by one policy is too much !!!

PAYPAL exists to keep TRANSACTIONS SAFE Mr Community Manager and this is why we are paying fee to Paypal for Transactions !!!!!!!!

CHANGE this AWFUL policy ASAP or Remove PayPal option ... please

Until then , i will write why i have not pre-order Battlefront II in a SWBII site where i am editor , describing the issue with Paypal pre-orders

Message 40 of 64 (2,097 Views)