PS4: You have lost connection to PlayStation Network

by MontyKy

Original Post

PS4: You have lost connection to PlayStation Network

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I keep receiving the "You have lost connection to Playstation(TM) Network, online features will be unavailable" error whenever I try to join online games. I have tried multiple game types, and still get the error.

I have found that I can occasionally join matches by continually cycling through the error (i.e try to join a match, get the error, try to join another match, etc...), but this process can take up to 30 minutes before I can get in a match. I have also found that I get the error less frequently when trying to join a game that a friend is already in. 

There does not appear to be any issues with my PSN connection, as I remain logged in and can access other PSN services such as party chat and the PlayStation store. However, I still receive the error regardless I'm in a party or not.

I have forwarded the ports that were suggested on this site to improve battlefront connections.

Message 1 of 58 (24,910 Views)

Re: PS4: "You have lost connection to PlayStation Network"

★★ Novice
I have this problem
Message 2 of 58 (24,812 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here.  I experienced this back in beta except it was the EA servers at that point.  I've gone through and done all the port forwarding that was recommended, but it still takes several tries to connect to a match.

Message 3 of 58 (24,798 Views)

★★ Novice

Reporting the same issue. All connections are fine until the loading screen of the game, than claims a lost PSN connection while loading in,

Message 4 of 58 (24,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have experienced such occurrences as well, except mine happen in-game most of the time. Such that I will be playing fine for a couple of matches then all of a sudden in the middle of a game I'll be booted off and it will say I lost connection to PlayStation Network.

Message 5 of 58 (24,734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

See if this workaround gets you connected:

1. Go to the Settings menu for your PS4
  2. Select Network, and then Test Network Connection
  3. Allow the test to obtain an IP address, and test the connection to the internet
  4. Stop the test before it can complete its check to see if it can connect to PlayStation Network
  5. Launch Star Wars Battlefront, and see if you can connect
Message 6 of 58 (24,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here. It's getting frustrating :-(
Message 7 of 58 (24,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Eibon_Cyk wrote:

See if this workaround gets you connected:

1. Go to the Settings menu for your PS4
  2. Select Network, and then Test Network Connection
  3. Allow the test to obtain an IP address, and test the connection to the internet
  4. Stop the test before it can complete its check to see if it can connect to PlayStation Network
  5. Launch Star Wars Battlefront, and see if you can connect

I've tried this a few times, and it does seem to help in connecting to individual game.

Message 8 of 58 (24,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump. I'm getting this issue too. Haven't been able to play in last 2 days.

Message 9 of 58 (24,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Would really like to hear about a proper fix. Starting a network test as a potential fix is a joke.

Message 10 of 58 (24,402 Views)