(PS4) Titanfall 2 this profile is not permitted to play online

by rjarni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PS4) Titanfall 2 this profile is not permitted to play online

★★ Novice
Ever since the angel city patch I have been unable to play multiplayer as the splash screen always shows "this profile is not permitted to play online". This issue persists until i mid game test internet connection multiple times but that too doesn't always work. Not having this issue in any other game. Please support.
Message 1 of 34 (61,789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (PS4) Titanfall 2 this profile is not permitted to play online

★★★ Newbie
There is a workaround that worked for me go to settings while game is launched in the background , then test your internet connection twice fixed the issue for me, hoping that they would fix this bug.

View in thread

Message 6 of 34 (72,845 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@rjarni Hmm, I get this message every time, but it normally connects within 2 seconds. As best I can tell it's just a slightly misleading message while the game and servers sync up. When you see this, can you leave it idle for a bit and see if that helps?

Power cycling your router is worth a shot. I also wonder if changing your data center from the front page menu will have any effect. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 34 (61,601 Views)

★★ Novice
So I've left it on for a good 30 mins but doesn't help. Neither does changing the data center or restarting the router. The only one way I've seen to fix it is to test internet connection while running the game a few times. At least 3 times in my case. Weirdly enough this has only started since the angel city patch
Message 3 of 34 (61,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Had this happen and my 16yr old brothers profile pops up with the notification.
We fixed it! Just start Titanfall 2 and clicked on settings in main menu, then click circle back to main menu and somehow that did it, may have to repeat several times going between in-game settings and games main menu.
We thought we'd have to deleted his profile and make a new one with fake age.
Hope this helps someone.
Message 4 of 34 (61,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got that message too at one point but its your data center. on ps4 you press square and itll open your data center options you just gotta pick one and once youre connected to one you can play

Message 5 of 34 (61,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie
There is a workaround that worked for me go to settings while game is launched in the background , then test your internet connection twice fixed the issue for me, hoping that they would fix this bug.
Message 6 of 34 (72,846 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @russelplata for this workaround. Hope it will help other players in this thread.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 34 (59,694 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have this as well, but in my case it crashes the game and comes up with an error code. This all happened after the recent update. Have reinstalled and factory reset everything. Still the same reported the problem to Sony. But that will take forever ☹️
Message 8 of 34 (58,133 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have this as well, but in my case it crashes the game and comes up with an error code. This all happened after the recent update. Have reinstalled and factory reset everything. Still the same reported the problem to Sony. But that will take forever ☹️ Code is ; CE-36329-3
Message 9 of 34 (58,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is not solved. I'm getting the same message. Have tried the test internet solution. Same problem.

Have restarted ps4, reset router. Same issue.

Have had this game for less than a week. Worried the first few days but now I cannot play online.
Message 10 of 34 (57,742 Views)