PS4 Server Disconnects Since Winter Update

by MojaveDuck

Original Post

PS4 Server Disconnects Since Winter Update

★★ Novice

I have had zero connection problems with Battlefield 1 up until the Winter Update. Since then, I either receive server disconnects while trying to connect to a game session or while playing I lose server connection. Again, I have never had this problem up until the Winter Update.

In an effort to troubleshoot, I have done port forwarding and even DMZ'd my router to no avail. As a long shot, I deleted BF1 from my PS4 and reinstalled it because I had a similar problem with one of the COD updates a year or so back but, after a 4-5 reinstall process I still receive server disconnects.

Again, I never had this problem prior to the Winter Update but do believe in coincidences. EA, is there other troubleshooting options??

Message 1 of 5 (547 Views)

Re: PS4 Server Disconnects Since Winter Update

Community Manager

@MojaveDuck Hi, it sounds like there's a coincidence here. While we do have some reports of issues since the patch, there aren't widespread consistent problems that would point to the patch itself. 

Can you check the steps on this page? You've already taken a bunch of them but be sure to check that you've tried everything. , Towards the bottom there's a diagnostic tool called a uotrace. It should help to see if there are network issues, you can try running it and if problems are found this can be shared with your ISP. 

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (528 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the exact same problem but no one has helped me atall from ea they keep saying it's down to my network but it's only been since the patch I've done everything on your website to resolve this and nothing has worked! Really bugging me now Frown
Message 3 of 5 (508 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Dave, Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer assistance. I downloaded/installed the Ultima Online Trace software and running it reveals I had no packet loss and my slowest ping time at 84ms... with an average around the 30-40ms range. Tonight I did delete all saved game data from my PS4, which required me to go through the tutorials again as well as setting up my soldier classes. I then played in maybe 2-3 full sessions without a problem. It's still too early to tell but previous to deleting the saved game data I was experiencing server disconnects that rarely allowed me to complete one full session. Regards.

Message 4 of 5 (499 Views)

★★ Novice

@TheDaddyGamer, check out the link one of the EA Reps replied to me a few posts up. I pretty much had done most if not all of the the steps provided in the link except deleting the game's saved data. I'm playing on a PS4 and after deleting the saved game data I so far haven't had a server disconnect. I was getting disconnected, rarely completing a full game session but tonight I was able to play 3 full sessions. Deleting the saved game data means you'll need to sit through the tutorials again as well as losing any soldier loadout but if it resolves the issue, that's a small sacrifice compared to deleting the game and reinstalling it, which took almost five hours for me. Here are the steps I found for deleting saved game data if you want to give it a shot after trying everything else.

PlayStation 4

1. Press the PS button on your controller to bring up the XMB™ screen.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Choose Application Saved Data management.
  4. Select Saved Data in System Storage.
  5. Choose Delete.
  6. Select the game you cannot connect to.
  7. Delete all game data and squad or roster files listed.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)