Re: PS4 SW Battlefront Season Pass & DLC not working.

by NM_Blacksmith

Original Post

EA Community Manager

Hey @Banananaki,

if you're playing on PS4, here's what you can try:

- Set up your new console as primary device

- log on to the PlayStation store on the website

- search for the Battlefront Season pass

- kick off the download for the Season pass through the store

- search for the 4 expansions and add them to your download list via the store

Check your console for the download queue and see if all the content is downloaded to your console.

Message 41 of 146 (4,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That's well said.

I have a PS4-Pro and had to do it the way you suggested.

My family thanks you!

J
Message 42 of 146 (4,692 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Joker

I have already set my ps4 pro as my primary device. It's part of the initiation of the console when you use your existing account to register on your new console. I tried to do it anyway, and it said it's already active as my primary device.

I tried to download from the PS store site, and it never got pushed to my console, which was on at the time. That was for all 4 separate dlc's and the season pass. When I do click download to ps4, it ends up saying Playable. 

I reinstalled and tried downloading from the steps posted earlier, going to the library and trying to download there. It forces it to download, and shows as installed, but again, content not installed when I try to play the game.

Message 43 of 146 (4,678 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Banananaki,

so just to clarify this, you launch the game, go to multiplayer, then you should have the 4 DLC map rotations at the bottom of the screen.

What exactly does show up there for you?

Message 44 of 146 (4,673 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Joker

When I turn the game on, and go to multiplayer, at the bottom, the 4 dlc options have a padlock on them saying "content not installed". Trying to start one of those up says to check ps store for availability.
Message 45 of 146 (4,664 Views)

EA Community Manager

@Banananaki

That's odd.

You should have to download the Season Pass (about 1.1 MB in size) and then the 4 DLCs. Does the Season Pass show up in your library, too?

What you can always try and is done very quickly is restoring the licenses on your PlayStation - click here to see how.

Message 46 of 146 (4,658 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Joker

I've tried doing that about 5 times now (including just now, again). Restored licenses again, and downloaded the 1.1mb file for each individual dlc and the season pass, from the list of "your content" under the library. Still shows content not installed. I tried this before with a fresh install, before even booting up the game, I restored licenses and downloaded the 1.1 mb files, and still didn't work. It worked fine when I first downloaded the season pass on my first ps4.

Message 47 of 146 (4,653 Views)

EA Community Manager

@Banananaki

There's another thing that comes to mind here, that would be the PSN Store region.

Is it by any chance possible that you purchased the Season Pass in a different PSN Store than your account is set to?

It happened to players that they had a Disc-based installation that was for example an Asia-version and their account was set to UK - if they then purchased the DLC through their UK account, it would be region locked to EU, whereas the base game would be determined by the disc and set to Asia.

Could you double check what region your PSN account is set to - and if you have a disc, what it says and where you purchased the season pass? That might be helpful.

Message 48 of 146 (4,646 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Joker

I'm at work at the moment, but I bought both of them on sale on the PS store, thru the browser. That is, regular edition Battlefront, and the season pass. I always keep a tab open and just refresh it every so often to check for sales. Everything should be registered under NA, though. Like I said before, I played the dlc on my original ps4 immediately after buying it, but once the update for hard drive support came, which was shortly before I bought my ps4 pro, and once I switched over to my ps4 pro, it hasn't worked. I don't think I played it when I moved everything to my hard drive, but I did after I switched consoles and that's when I noticed the issue.
Message 49 of 146 (4,640 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Every time I download the season pass, in the notifications, it says "waiting to install". But I checked it and it says it's installed, but it's still not working.

Message 50 of 146 (4,630 Views)