[PS4] - Empty Operations servers in Oceania

by 3rdLion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] - Empty Operations servers in Oceania

★★ Novice
Since the They Shall Not Pass update I've been unable to find an Operations server with other players. I've tried almost every day on both 40 and 64 player servers with no luck. I've also ensured all the relevant ports are opened as listed here http://bit.ly/PS4PC as well as the usual PS4 online ports. Still no succes.

All other modes are fine including those accessed via Quickmatch and via Server Browser.

How to repeat:
On PS4 select any Operations, either 40 or 64 players, then check if there are players via the Scoreboard after loading.

Issue:
Placed in an empty game — and no amount of waiting sees other players join.

Expected behaviour:
Be able to play the original and expansion Operations with other players and see empty games before joining so that they can be avoided.

I'm in Australia so I'm used to fewer servers on offer but this is something else. I've seen that other people are experiencing the issue and was referred here by the EA Help support on Twitter after they were unable to resolve it. Please have the techs fix this asap.
Message 1 of 9 (5,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] - Empty Operations servers in Oceania

★★ Novice
Good news! Finally found a solution on Reddit. And I can confirm this works!
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/66vach/video_on_how_to_get_all_operations_games_to...

Happy gaming

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (7,599 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @3rdLion 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. Any chance you can test this issue, using alternative Internet connection? 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 9 (5,501 Views)

★★ Novice
My main internet connection is provided by Telstra. I've also tested tethering to my phone which is with Vodafone. And my friend in the same region has Optus.
All of them present the same issue.

I don't believe this is a connection issue. It's more likely a matchmaking or load balancing issue on the server side.
Message 3 of 9 (5,490 Views)

★★ Novice
Is there a timeline for when we might see an Operations server browser or some other fix for this issue? Any update would be appreciated
Message 4 of 9 (5,466 Views)

★★ Novice
Good news! Finally found a solution on Reddit. And I can confirm this works!
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/66vach/video_on_how_to_get_all_operations_games_to...

Happy gaming
Message 5 of 9 (7,600 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope not a solution.

I have tried it several times,  the solution link does not work on PS4.

Message 6 of 9 (5,365 Views)

★★ Novice
Solution definitely worked prior to update. It took about 7 application close and open cycles
Message 7 of 9 (5,358 Views)

★★ Novice

No does not work.

Have tried 10 plus times on PS$ not showing any Operations games

Message 8 of 9 (5,353 Views)

★★ Novice

This has still not been fixed in May update. Can we get an update or issue refund.

Your may update also did not resolve the issue of Quickmatch in They Shall Not Pass Operations selection putting you in vanillla game.

Message 9 of 9 (5,225 Views)