[PS4] Can't play PvZ GW2 - 'must be signed into PSN' problem

by mattbath

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Can't play PvZ GW2 - 'mupst be signed into PSN' problem

★★★ Novice

Hi pollack321

That's great news - let us know how you get on. It seems that this is a really widespread issue (despite what EA say) - a quick look through other posts in this topic area show lots of people suffering the same problem.

If you've got consistent gameplay, that's great news!

Matt

Message 41 of 83 (4,289 Views)

Re: [PS4] Can't play PvZ GW2 - 'must be signed into PSN' problem

★★★ Newbie

Hi ever body I have solved this issue for me any way. It seems that it has to do with the game trying to upload your saved game on cloud. But could is full so you will get the bug of not signed in to psn. Any how heres a link that will show you how to delete some of the saved files on cloud and any questions regarding that matter. You should restart your ps4 after you delete the files and wait for at least 5 minutes for your system to try and upload the pvzw2 save file again. I hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3jHVK6viA

Message 42 of 83 (4,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does not work, just tried it and it failed. I have a brand new system, PVZ is the first and only game I bought for myself on the system also, so maybe it'll work for someone else, but not here. I have also tried everything from the previous posts...nothing...zero...not at all happy. EA, what is going on??? I played this game on Xbox though a week ago and owned it for over a month with not a single issue. I am starting to think it has something to do with the PSN Network too, and if that is the case, I will be on my way to trade this paper weight in for an Xbox One. 

Message 43 of 83 (4,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am very disappointed in this game and with EA games. So are my two young kids who saved up all their money they worked very hard for just to buy this game and then wait for it to come in the mail then wait for the update to finish, then wait for it not to work. What a POS product. I shouldn't have to spend countless hours searching online for ways to fix something that has already cost my kids $90 and should just work when it goes into the system. My wife sent EA an email, they promptly responded with ways of troubleshooting this problem to no avail. I have tried everything listed in this forum too, nothing! What a useless company.

I have also had to go through a bunch of the same possible fixes in another forum in here. This is just upsetting.
Message 44 of 83 (4,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

Welcome to the club.

Try to return the game and get your money back. This problem has been known for months.

They don't care enough to bother fixing it.

Message 45 of 83 (4,085 Views)

★★ Novice

Try changing your PS4 Clock settings. If it is automatic then change it to manual and set the correct time. Launch the game

Then try putting it back to automatic.

Select (Settings) > [Date and Time] to set the date and time, as well as the display format.

Message 46 of 83 (4,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I play PVZGW2 on PC on Origin and I press play but nothing happens. I spam the play button and everything. STILL, nothing happens. Why?!?

Message 47 of 83 (4,002 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THIS WORKS FOR ME... Its a copy of other post!

Alright you guys .. I believe I found a solution. 

This is to change the MTU setting on your PS4.

Navigate to [Settings] > [Network].
Here you will find four (4) options, Choose [Set Up Internet Connection].
Now choose either [Use Wi-Fi] or [Use LAN Cable]
If using Wi-Fi – Enter your existing access point password and continue below.
If using LAN – Continue below.
Choose [Custom] on the next screen.
Select your normal settings for IP Address Settings. (Note: If you do not know this setting use [Automatic].
Select your normal settings for DHCP Host Name. (Note: If you do not know this setting use [Do Not Specify].
Select your normal settings for DNS Settings. (Note: If you do not know this setting use [Automatic].
Select [Manual] for MTU Settings.
Press enter to pull up the keypad and enter a new value and press X.
First use the MTU value of 1473.
If the connection test is unsuccessful, try the MTU value of 1450.
Select [Next] to continue.
Select your normal settings for Proxy Server. (Note: If you do not know this setting use [Do Not Use].
Next – [Test Internet Connection]
You will see a value under (PSN Sign-In – Successful) if this process was successful.

If you've been having this problem, try this out! It worked for me and i Hope it works out for everyone!

Message 48 of 83 (3,888 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Signaletika2014 - Thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

- Andy -

Message 49 of 83 (3,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Abed_amaya fix it allready
Message 50 of 83 (3,760 Views)