[PS4] Can't play PvZ GW2 - 'must be signed into PSN' problem

by mattbath

Original Post

[PS4] Can't play PvZ GW2 - 'must be signed into PSN' problem

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I hope someone can help with a solution!

I have a PlayStation 4, and when I try to load and play PvZ GW2 it keeps returning an error 'must be signed into PSN'. It has never loaded and played.

I am signed into PSN. All other titles - including Battlefront, PvZ GW and general PSN-based games all work. SpeedTest shows 141Mbps download and 12Mbps upload, with low ping. Am able to get onto PSN and the store.

I've tried logging out/in, signing out/in of PSN, rebooting the PS4, reinstalling and nothing.

I have a very disappointed son who has been itching to play this - and at £50 with literally nothing to show for it, it's really bad form from EA to sell effectively broken products.

--

Any help would be grateful.

Matt

Message 1 of 83 (28,794 Views)

Re: [PS4] Can't play PvZ GW2 - 'must be signed into PSN' problem

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @mattbath

This is something we're looking into. Would you be able to let me know what your PSN ID is so we can investigate further?

- Andy -

Message 2 of 83 (28,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi EA_Andy

Thanks for getting back to me - appreciate the support.

My PSN is matthew_bath

As an update, I did get it working for an hour last night (hurrah), but today no go with the same 'must be signed into PSN to continue' message. As before, all other EA games that need a connection work fine (eg, Battlefront) and I can access PSN and PS Store. Other persistent games such as The Division work fine.

Any help is gratefully received - and seems like a few people are facing the same issue.

Thanks

Matt

Message 3 of 83 (28,710 Views)

@mattbath we checked your account and it says you were logging in on the 14th, can you confirm?

Message 4 of 83 (28,696 Views)

oops just saw your other msg nevermind Standard smile

Message 5 of 83 (28,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. My name is Mattman1030. I can log in some days, but others I cannot at all. I can play PVZ GW1 just fine, but not GW2.

- Thank you

Message 6 of 83 (28,654 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same issue, except I can't play at all. Psn name is shawnfolds
Message 7 of 83 (28,632 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi guys,

I'm having the exact same problem as well. I spoke with a fellow on the phone from EA support and he told me to shut down the ps4, then unplug it. After that, unplug the router for 30 seconds, start the router, then start the ps4. It works for me but we have to do this every time my son wants to play GW2. All other games work fine, even PVZ 1.

Hope we can figure out a solution soon!

-NachoPartyGuy
Message 8 of 83 (28,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem as well. Signed in but game has never worked saying we have to be signed in to the PSN. Ugh. Hate this please help.
Message 9 of 83 (28,629 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just bought pvz 2 about a week ago and after downloading update and accepting terms of service i get the logging into EA on the upper left corner of the screen and then a notice that says you must be sighned into playstation network to continue. any work around ? is this something that maybe in a later update.so far i have.

Deleted and redownloaded updates several times

logged off and on on psn 

restarted the ps4 from prompts ,button and plug from wall

checked my network pvz 1, and all other games work great

changed my mtu

redid my modem from the begining and hooked ps4 up to ethernet cable

checked to make sure the ps4 and EA are linked 

Not really sure were to go from here have looked at all the forums i could find

psn screen redlaw321

Message 10 of 83 (28,608 Views)