(PS4) Battlefront crashing w/ error message after connecting at main menu

by ZeroKiryuu1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PS4) Battlefront crashing w/ error message after connecting at main menu

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello all, 

I recently installed the 1.11 update and have never had this issue prior. Every time I attempt to connect and join a match, the game crashes with the general error (ce-34878-0). I've tried reinstalling the game and downloading all the patches again as I was concerned one of them may have been corrupted. I've also tried rebuilding the database, and deleted any corrupted save files I found for the game. The hard drive is not the issue, as it's brand new and I checked it prior to installation for bad sectors. 

I did manage to find out it has something to do with connectivity, as playing the game offline yields no error messages and doesn't crash at the menu. I also do not experience this error with any other game in my library, so I must stress this isn't a problem with my hard drive or motherboard. It's possible that it could be my router, but my NAT type is 2 and the appropriate ports are open as far as I know. I'm not sure how to proceed, could anyone help? 

Message 1 of 11 (7,889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (PS4) Battlefront crashing w/ error message after connecting at main menu

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hi Archi,

Thanks for responding. I actually tried those things already and neither solution worked, but it seems like I found the issue. I cleared cookies on the internet browser along with website data, and deleted the save data in system storage. I also changed the server region to my area in the game settings offline. Once I connected, it didn't crash and I was able to play.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (10,178 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @ZeroKiryuu1 

Basically I would advise you to restart your router and console. Here, on official PlayStation Support page, they have a few more suggestions for this error. Let us know if anything will fix this for you.

Cheers,

Archi  

Archi.png
Message 2 of 11 (7,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hi Archi,

Thanks for responding. I actually tried those things already and neither solution worked, but it seems like I found the issue. I cleared cookies on the internet browser along with website data, and deleted the save data in system storage. I also changed the server region to my area in the game settings offline. Once I connected, it didn't crash and I was able to play.
Message 3 of 11 (10,179 Views)

Thank you @ZeroKiryuu1 for coming back to us and posting your solution. Those nasty cache files can ruin ones game from time to time. Anyway, glad to know you are fine! 

May the Force be with you,

Achi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 11 (7,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Damnit ea its been 7 months since reportings of this error have appeared and its still happening after 7 MONTHS your solution doesn't seem to work for me ive done everything and it still doesn't work
Message 5 of 11 (7,653 Views)

Hello @MrPelican3428 

I am really sorry, this solution failed to resolve the issue for you.  Have you tried to perform those troubleshooting steps from the official PlayStation site, I`ve suggested in my initial post in this thread? 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 11 (7,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes ive tried everything it still doesn't work
Message 7 of 11 (7,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have been having this same problem lately and can't resolve it do you know and other things that may stop it from crashing on start up and giving he same error code
Message 8 of 11 (6,021 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I cleared browsing data, reinstalled, and got rid of all corrupted files. How do you change ge the region while offline? I'm on a ps4.

Message 9 of 11 (4,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I wanted to play Battlefront today, not online, because I don't have Ps Plus, and this happend: I start Battlefront and go to missions, I pick one, wait for 3 minutes and then it said: msg_error_data_corrupted_redownload_app

Message 10 of 11 (1,332 Views)