[PS4] BF1 unplayable online. connection to EA online timed out

by hassennjah

Original Post

[PS4] BF1 unplayable online. connection to EA online timed out

★ Apprentice
After quitting this game for more that 1 month, since it became unplayable for me due to to the bad bullet registration, I heard that they fixed it with the last update. So I downloaded it and jumped to a quick match. Got slammed with this error message "Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game".. I thought maybe it's a random error because it's the first time I've seen such a thing, tried a couple of times but same outcome. So I opened the browser, sorted the games with connection and chose the best one (3 bars)but I got the same message. Note that these are official Dice servers and not custom ones. I live in the middle east and I used to get better latency to European servers than ME servers (around 150ms). So as I understood, EA decided to ignore the community living outside US and Europe and they're giving us the middle finger but kicking us completely from the servers if we have high ping. I am shocked with the way this company treats its customers and the loyal ones in particular. I preordered this game and bought the premium pass and I convinced at least 3 of my friends to buy it. Now I can't even play online not even with the high latency and the stupid netcode that used to work perfectly before they decided to put thresholds for server/client hit detection. This is alteration was not the same experience that I had before that's why I don't want this product anymore. I demand a refund for all the purchases that I made in this game and I don't want to see it anywhere on my library. Please I need assistance on how to claim this refund. I don't need and temporary excuses "we're working on it" or "we're preparing a patch to fix the last patch that fixed the one before" I've had enough with this game. That's it.

Note: I have an extremely good Internet connection (50 mbps download / 25 mb upload) and all my games work fine except this one. My latency to ME is 250 ms even though the servers are located in UAE (good choice of host data centre by Dice).
Message 1 of 4 (4,440 Views)

Re: [PS4] BF1 unplayable online. connection to EA online timed out

★★★★★ Newbie
RIP Battlefield. Welcome Call Of Duty
Message 2 of 4 (4,338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@hassennjah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fj4BQZF088

this video might help you out with your problem 

Message 3 of 4 (4,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
my Internet is fine. Dice started kicking high latency players after the last patch.
Message 4 of 4 (4,226 Views)