[PC] dll missing and igo errors

by Zullu2

Original Post

[PC] dll missing and igo errors

★★★ Newbie

So I recently got the game and things would run find.  I finally updated my computer and reinstalled Origin and the game. 

Now when I launch Origin I am getting an error:

igoproxy64.exe -Application Error  The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Then once I am past that I go to launch PvZ and I get Invalid license.  Reason code = Missing DLL: [MSVCP120.dll] Error: 0xC1

I looked up some solutions, downloaded the DLL file and put it into the file folder both in Window Systems and the appropriate folder(or what a guide told me) for PvZ and still nothing.  I also tried a fix by DLing vcredist_64 and vcredist_x86 but that has not helped either.  I am at a lose for what to do and would like to get back to playing as I just had a few days prior to these issues starting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (1,146 Views)

Re: [PC] dll missing and igo errors

Hero (Retired)

igoproxy64.exe  =  Origin file

MSVCP120.dll = C++ Redist file as you suspected

What version of Windows do you use?

------

Try running this file as Admin:

Origin Games\Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist\
vcredist_x64.exe
Run as admin

You can try it directly from MS
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

----

I don't believe this works on Windows 10  (haven't tested) but if you have Windows 7 this 3rd party program can help fixing these problems easier than manually doing it.  What it does is uninstalls all VC++ runtimes and reinstalls them all up until 2013.  The tool has since been discontinued/abandoned but it should have the right version in it the game requires.

http://mcripblog.cesidian.info/2013/11/vc-redist-installer-160.html

Message 2 of 5 (1,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have Windows 10, but after messing around and reading a lot of guides I just bit the bullet and figured it was a corrupted file somewhere.  Instead of trying tons of various long shots I just did a reset on the PC to get rid of what I suspected to be a corrupted file.  Sure enough this work.  Thanks for the suggestion however do appreciate it.

Message 3 of 5 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Which file was the corrupted file? Because I have the same problem.

Message 4 of 5 (993 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @69Dini69 

I am really sorry for those issues with the game. Can you check this thread here on the similar issue for the possible solution? Keep us updated on this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 5 (977 Views)