[PC] Troubleshooting and Requirements

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: [PC] Ask For Assistance With Game Launch and Crash

EA DICE Team

@advaitin

You have a great card in your system, but if you get the message that you're running out of memory, try lowering the video settings a bit and you should be good to go.

@xDarkDemyx

I saw you made a separate topic as well, I responded to your post there.

@dewim

Thanks a lot for updating me with that information! I am glad to hear that you managed to resolve it, and I hope it will help other users as well.

@SuperL0rtie

There hasn't been any blame on AMD for anything. All that has been stated is that they don't update their drivers any more for some of their cards. Drivers are updated for games, and not the other way around. If they don't offer support for those cards anymore then we won't be able to resolve that.

Apart from that, your card is not affected by discontinued drivers which gives you no reason to jump on the bandwagon about blame, please. I would like to keep this thread clean.

I actually have the same card as you do and the game works on my system. Please let me know which steps you tried from the first post in this thread, and upload a dxdiag if not resolved.

@Blacky_Senpai666

Please be specific as to which steps you tried from my original post in this thread. Then, if unresolved, upload a dxdiag as requested.

@GroundWave96

That is good news.. Standard smile

You can figure out which program is causing the issues by turning them on again one-by-one. It might take a while depending on your how many programs you normally run, but this is really the only way to figure out which program is the culprit.

@Hechtoph @MGalu

In your case you have actually done all the standard troubleshooting we would ask for. Even your dxdiag looks perfect. In such cases the culprit is usually an issue with a Windows installation or corrupt files. The only advice I really have in that situation is to try a System Refresh

If you're not to keen on doing that, you can create an msinfo and contact a Game Advisor for further assistance. Please do not upload an msinfo on this forum as this is a public space and the document contains personal information.

@RSDX80

That comment you quote was aimed at a Radeon HD 5870, which has nothing to do with your card as it isn't in the same generation. However, while your card is much more powerful than the aforementioned card, it is still, sadly, subject to being considered a legacy product which no longer receives driver updates.

Message 61 of 234 (3,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Please help

"hr1" error and other DX errors

*Edit: I just found out there's a new driver version which didn't appeared on friday. I'm now going to install it and try it again

Nope, still not working

Message 62 of 234 (3,969 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Support !

I bought the game last week-end (disc version) and it doesn't start, not even a splashscreen or an error message.

I tried to repare the files of the game, to check for updates, to update Direct X and the C++ Redist, and my nVidia drivers.

Nothin' worked.

I saw you offer a refund on Origin but i want to play more than get my money back :3

Also I have a littlen better system than the recommended reguirement for the game.

So please help me !

Thanks,

Eiksei

P.S.: I'm french, please excuse my syntaxe

Message 63 of 234 (3,961 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi @Eik5ei,

Could you please post a dxdiag?

Message 64 of 234 (3,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Before you post in this topic, make sure to:

If the issue persists:

• Attach a dxdiag.txt to your reply by pressing Choose File and double-clicking the DxDiag.txt file that you saved on your system:

Upload dxdiag.PNG

• And lastly, provide detailed information on all the steps you've already taken
  • Players: feel free to jump in and help out your fellow drivers!

*Marking this as a solution to increase the visibility for players who miss out on the original post*.

Message 65 of 234 (89,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem, although mine doesn't even launch. As soon as I click play, it says "Need for Speed has stopped working."

Here's my dxdiag:

Message 66 of 234 (3,914 Views)

★★ Novice

Oops ! Sorry i'd forgot to upload it the first time...

Here my DxDiag !

Message 67 of 234 (3,899 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you have an Nvidia controller, specifically the Shield controller, try unplugging it.  It boots fine now, and I can plug the controller in after the title menu hits with no issues. 

This is the second weird bug I have run across with the Shield controller, it was knocking the sound out in my games a few months back.  Worth a try with any controller, although I think it might be a Shield thing.

You can plug the controller in after you get past the log-in to the main menu with no issues, it doesn't freeze you up or kick you out in other words. 

Good luck all!!

Message 68 of 234 (3,891 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to solve the problem by installing Windows 8.1 on a second Partition, it runs perfectly there. However, thanks for you advice.

Message 69 of 234 (3,873 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm unable to install an OS on an other partition but i try to update my win 7 to 10.

I'm back when it's done to tell you if it works, the problem can be just a win7 conflict with some versions...

Message 70 of 234 (3,860 Views)