[PC] Troubleshooting and Requirements

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: [PC] Ask For Assistance With Game Launch and Crash

★★★ Novice

Hello Tom,

The problem I faced in relation to library already resolved (the game reappeared ) But I 'm still with some interruptions in fps occasionally ( when I monitor the components shows that when there is such interruptions the CPU is at 100 % (as the picture I'm sending .)

I did all the steps (UAC uninstalled game , I noticed the game , turned off antivirus, ran as an administrator , I disabled the firewall) and continues with the same problem. and my processor is not so bad Also I am sending my Dxdiag.txt .

Thank you for your help!

Gabriel

Message 31 of 234 (2,862 Views)

EA DICE Team

@dewim

If you keep getting an error message about Intel Drivers, then it means that you haven't properly setup your system to run the game with your M390X. I can't test this on my system since I don't have an AMD card, but I know that in some cases you can right-click the game shortcut on your desktop and there is an option to run with this card. Otherwise, please check your Radeon Crimson software for further settings--if you are unsure on how to do this, you could probably ask Alienware support as well.. they would have further knowledge about your laptop than I do.

Lastly, please also make sure that your power settings for your laptop are set to high-performance. You can do this by clicking the battery icon in the lower-right corner of your taskbar.

@fesbanu

I am a bit confused by the error message stating that your GPU is a Radeon HD 6450.. are you sure there are no other older files still installed on your system? Did you have that GPU before your current one, by any chance?

Since we can't really do any more testing on the forum, the next step would be to create an msinfo file (since these files contain personal information we can't have them uploaded on the forum) and contact a Game Advisor so they can check which processes are running and crashing on your system. 

A last resort would be to do a System Refresh. Since the game still isn't working, you most likely have some corrupted files somewhere on your system.

@GroundWave96

If you continue to experience FPS drops, then I would recommend a clean boot since you're most likely looking at a background program causing the drops. Using this method, you can figure out which program that would be.

Message 32 of 234 (2,845 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thanks tom , 

its not older GPU , but it sometimes appears it 6xxx and didnt know why ? , i tried everything but no luck till now , hope fix be able soon as um really sad to see nfs like this Frown , last words that all other games runs without any problem and i will install a fresh copy as you want , 

thanks Standard smile

Message 33 of 234 (2,838 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am one of the MANY people having that hr1 error, card removed, blabla

I have used DDU to uninstall my drivers. Reinstalled them all.

I even updated from windows 8.1 to 10 just to be able to play NFS, thought it might help

nope.

gpu : hd 5770 1gb (don't tell me this isnt supported, a friend with a 5870 is able to play the game)

cpu : 1st gen i5 750 2.7ghz

8gb of ram

windows 10 x64

+ the EA help chat really actually is useless.

I received some port forwarding instructions for a technical error.

bruh

this setup can run me gtav and other games reaaally smooth, 40-70fps on gtav 1080p (low, ofc)

so.. fix it.. please.. 

Message 34 of 234 (2,833 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CrailzGotSwag

Your card won't run the game, I'm sorry. Even in your example your friend has a more powerful card. 

You also have to take into account that in some cases cards below the minimum requirements will run the game. But, it will be unstable and there are too many variables to take into account to properly troubleshoot that.

Lastly, do note that if you purchased the game via Origin you will be eligible for a refund.

Message 35 of 234 (2,830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry, not a 5870, his is a 5770 VaporX, mine is a 5770 HIS

the only difference is this, and that he has a 2nd gen i5, meanwhile me having a 1st gen

Message 36 of 234 (2,825 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CrailzGotSwag

In such cases it can come down to a minimal difference if you can run a game or not. Honestly speaking, I am very surprised that your friend got the game running on his system. Mostly because we have an entire thread of users with more powerful 6xxx cards that are unable to run it on their system:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Radeon-HD-5xxx-6xxx-DirectX-Error-On-Launch/td-p/522002...

Message 37 of 234 (2,823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am aware of that thread.

I've been reading it since it has been created.

The only difference between my GPU and my friend's GPU is the stock frequency : mine is 850, his is 860.

even if I tweak my GPU a bit, I even turned it up to 950, still won't work.

actually, the game won't even launch, it would instantly crash.

Message 38 of 234 (2,820 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CrailzGotSwag

Overclocking your card too much might cause damage to it (and could cause games to crash), I would not recommend doing that. As previously stated, you could try some further tweaks or tips from other users experiencing the same issue, but sadly I can't troubleshoot further from here.

I do wish you a good weekend.

Message 39 of 234 (2,807 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

I have tried all sorts of tweaks.. increments of 5MHz, I wasted hours trying to make this work. 

Not working.

So this surely is a game-sided fault.

Someone with actually a weaker CPU than me, and a 10MHz better GPU than me. can run the game, but I can't.

Great.

And I am not the only one having this issue. The damn error says that gpus with 512mb are supported.

For my friend, the GPU usage is around 500-800mb while playing. on low, of course.

so 2GB is overkill.

I am sorry to say this.

I love cars. I love the NFS series.

I have waited for this kind of NFS for years.

The Underground likey NFS.

Rivals was BS. really bad optimized. 

so probably this game is bad optimised as well? 

I guess someone should actually look into it. It's surely something wrong with the game.

Message 40 of 234 (2,804 Views)