★★★ Novice

I have this same problems first on HD6970 and now on R9 270X

Message 61 of 77 (4,857 Views)

Re: [PC] Radeon HD 5xxx, 6xxx - DirectX Error On Launch

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@FortinOne

Please check our PC troubleshooting guide for further steps:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Ask-For-Assistance-With-Game-Launch-and-Crash/td-p/5235...

You most likely still have old gpu drivers somewhere on your system that you need to remove. I also have a 270x and I can run the game without issues.

Message 62 of 77 (4,841 Views)

★★★ Novice

But I have clean install all drivers to GPU, game, origin & support  also don't know were is problem. I think it's problem with game

Message 63 of 77 (4,811 Views)

★★ Apprentice

nothing to do any more , please patch this game , thanks EA , really bad to see that

Message 64 of 77 (4,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

AMD has moved the HD 6XXX series to legecy status , meaning they wont be making drivers for these gpu's to support need for speed ? And EA  wont be doing anything about it either . 

Message 65 of 77 (4,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the same problem.....rx 460 4gb asus strix......can't play...will never buy an EA game ever again.....clean install / updated drivers / bios / directx ....everything....still nothing....when i try to play....direct x error....i can't believe no one is fixing this....you're losing customers this way...

Message 66 of 77 (2,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i figured out what the problem was.....it seem that the game crashes when virtual super resolution is turned on....don't know why....still....really frustrating....real bad support...none of my other games had this issue...

Message 67 of 77 (2,894 Views)

Community Manager

@Flamesx67

Thanks for posting that turning off VSR in your GPU settings has helped here.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/vsr

barry.png
Message 68 of 77 (2,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same problem with a 6950 HD.I can not play need for speed Frown .But every day a play Battlefield 1 on Ultra jajajajaja .Does somebody knows if i buy the HD7950 3Gb VAPOR-X,i could play need for speed?

Message 69 of 77 (4,175 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ebenknot

Need for Speed runs on the 7950.

However, that card has gotten quite old in the meantime as well. If you are thinking about upgrading, then I would advise to go for a newer model so to not run into the same problem discontinued drivers again.

Message 70 of 77 (4,170 Views)