[PC]Falling Through The Map

by LightTheSkyline

Original Post

Re: [PC]Falling Through The Map

★★ Novice

I Think it is because the Disk Performance.

First. I installed The Game in My Old Seagate (The I/O is very bad) and issue is appeared.

And then i changed it into My WD Black Caviar (Which more have good performance) and poof... The issue gone.

I Hope this will help you guys..!

Message 81 of 276 (2,863 Views)

EA DICE Team

@En3rxi4

Thank you for adding this comment. I've added it to the solution so your message reaches more players.. Standard smile

Message 82 of 276 (2,846 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wait what ? Many users complaining about this bug also have a 7200rpm - 6gb/s sata speed so i dont understand. You sure you didn't do other things ? If we add the fact that this bug is also in the console version apparently... (thanks IIIAPPLEJACKIII for pointing that out).

Personally, i tried all of the possible solutions (but not the HDD because i'm not gonna change my HDD working like a charm just for NFS), i even tried putting "-Render.ResolutionScale" to 1.5 or 2.0 (at 1.5 i still had the bug) and at 2.0, i had less than 30 fps after 15 minutes of gameplay.

So Tom, please dont put the post as "Solved" while it's clearly not Frown.

Waiting for a real fix, i finished the game but i dont want to praise RNG/luck or whatever when i'm doing online end-game races against other players.

Message 83 of 276 (3,080 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah this isnt solved at all. I havent played the game due to falling through the map. My HDD meets the specs as well so this definitely isnt fixed.

Message 84 of 276 (3,042 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys can you provide the spec of your HHD's . I just switched to a 7200 RPM hard drive with 64 mb cache  and I don't see the problem anymore.

Message 85 of 276 (3,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine is 7200rpm and has 64mb cache but no luck still occuring randomly.

Message 86 of 276 (3,013 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have noticed that the game doesn't use the entire HDD speed. While playing other games, I see the games reading at 35-45MBPS while NFS reads at around 10-15MBPS and at sometimes 20+MBPS (especially on city roads).
Message 87 of 276 (3,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

QUICK EDIT: I just read on a subreddit that Shadowplay is the guilty for this happening. It makes sense, as it's constantly writing on the HDD, however I still haven't tried to switch it off. Will test it out, and report back.

QUICK RE-EDIT: Nope, Shadowplay, as obvious, makes it a little more frequent, but it still happens.

I'm having this issue as well. I notice it really gets worse if my PC is doing something else.

However, I play with MSI Afterburner's RivaTuner on and I notice my GTX-770 isn't even at 40% most of the time, which is fine, CPU is handling the level Streaming, and NFS can't even use my whole RAM (I got 16GB, it uses 8GB MAX) and not even my VRAM is full.

My O.S. is in a SSD, but the game on a regular HDD, and, if I may give my humble opinion as a fellow game designer, I'd prefer if the game simply froze and displayed the little gear icon while it streamed in the road and the rest of the level, than if it simply didn't load anything at all, I fell down a hole in the map, and end up last in a race where I was 1st with at least 500m ahead of others.

Seriously, Eddie's and Ames' challenges are WAY MORE HELLISH than they should.... And that's coming from someone who beat Darius and NFS Carbon! That thing is the most difficult thing I've ever witnessed in a NFS game, until I've stumbled driving without a road, following the faint glow of the race line.

.... And attempting to keep a straight line in a Gymkhana. Why do you guys still change the physics in certain game modes, I practice a lot of drifting, spend hours tuning my ride, just to stumble with a soap-made road in Gymkhanas because of the physics change...

Message 88 of 276 (2,987 Views)

★ Apprentice

7331Squall : Yeah i also have Shadowplay disabled and it doesn't help.

ItsPranavK : That's strange and interesting at the same time. If that's intentional, it would be so weird. Why would they "nerf" at which frequency the game read on the HDD...

The Hot Rods update is coming soon i believe, let's hope that a fix is coming. #believe

Message 89 of 276 (2,939 Views)

★★ Novice

Tom, any chance of this getting fixed in the near future? Starting to lose hope here...

Message 90 of 276 (2,914 Views)