[PC]Falling Through The Map

by LightTheSkyline

Original Post

Re: [PC]Falling Through The Map

★ Apprentice

Hello, same bug here.

My specs : AMD FX-8350

GC : MSI GTX 770 2GB

RAM : 8GB Kingston (the game have 6gb of ram free)

HDD : WD Green 1 To with 40GB free on my disk

I dont have Shadowplay on, my drivers are updated and my HDD is defragmented. I cant finish Magnus Walker race (the one where you need to use his car and which have 86 CP).

Seems like a major problem, can we have communication ? Are the devs aware and working on it ?

Message 51 of 276 (8,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

We are aware of this issue and I can confirm that we are investigating. In the meantime, minimizing background programs as has been stated in this thread has in some cases helped players resolve the issue, which the best advice I can give at the moment.

Note that background programs can by anything on your system, it is not specific to for example Nvidia Shadowplay as we've seen as an example. The best method to test this yourself is to do a clean boot.

Edit:

A player managed to solve this issue in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Issue-Map-doesn-t-load-in-time/m-p/5238056/highlight/fa...

Message 52 of 276 (8,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Please fix your game, because people are getting frustrated already. Can't complete a single mission.
Waited 4 months just to see this ...

Message 53 of 276 (8,948 Views)

Falling through ground

★★★ Newbie

Hey. I am repeatedly clipping through the road, making me fall down into the abyss and then hit a loading screen. This makes the game quite unplayable. Any suggestions what to do?

Message 54 of 276 (8,535 Views)

Re: Falling through ground

★★ Apprentice

Try to disable Shadowplay if you're using Nvidia card//

Message 55 of 276 (8,531 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just a wild guess, but could it be related to the amount of VRAM on your graphics card?

i have no issues, my 970gtx has 4GB VRAM. Most older cards have 2GB VRAM.

Message 56 of 276 (8,899 Views)

★ Apprentice

With shadowplay disabled, i was able to play 2 or 3 races before the issue comes back.

@trackah321 wrote:

Just a wild guess, but could it be related to the amount of VRAM on your graphics card?

i have no issues, my 970gtx has 4GB VRAM. Most older cards have 2GB VRAM.

There are users reporting the same issue on GTX 980TI.

Message 57 of 276 (9,132 Views)

★ Novice

Hey everyone;

I have the same issue, and it occurs very regularly when I am going over ~200mph. The problem appears to be that my HDD is unable to output the road textures fast enough, so eventually I end up overtaking the road and falling into the void. Unfortunately, when I lower the textures in the game it doesn't help at all.

It seems that a ultra fast HDD or possibly an SSD is needed to run this game, which sucks because it wasn't part of the system requirements...

Message 58 of 276 (9,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hello All, After alot of testing with various applications open and different graphics options, i seem to have found if you close down in the task manager any 'Nvidia' related programs, including Shadowplay wether it is enabled or not, when running the game it is fine. I have also tested this on all graphics settings and it is fine on everything. I now play on Ultra and because shadowplay is off the problem is not occuring. In the meantime i suggest closing any other tabs, browsers, applications whilst playing on Origin.

Thanks.
Message 59 of 276 (9,090 Views)

Re: need for speed 2016 bug RENDER map

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same issue. 

The game is completely unplayable.

I even got an GTX 970 and an good i5 Processor and always glitch through the map during high speed.

I cant understand, how this bug is still inplemented, althought they had so much time releasing it for the pc.

Dont buy before they patched it!

Message 60 of 276 (8,672 Views)