Re: [PC]Falling Through The Map

by PAOKI023

Original Post

Re: Anyone else fall off the map?

★★★ Newbie
Well,I use windows 10 and the problem still there.you can help me now?
Message 251 of 276 (2,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay here's the solution for people who has 16GB Ram (May work on 12GB too but not tested. After completing this method, if your pc crashes in random moments, you can't find a crashdump file, keep that in mind. I do not take any responsibility for any problem you may encounter in future, but feel free to ask me.) : 

1. Right Click on My Computer and click Properties.
  2. On the left side panel select Advanced System Settings.
  3. In that windows under Advanced, click Settings under Performance tab.
  4. Click Advanced again; and under the Virtual Memory, click Change.
  5. Deselect "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and Select "No Paging File".
  6. Click Okay, close all windows and restart PC.

If that works for you click +XP.

For more information, visit BirinciOyuncu

Have a good day.

Message 252 of 276 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the subject of money. Glad I didn't buy this game. Tried a month of Origin Access and I still feel robbed.

EA support is a joke, always has been. This issue is still alive today, when the game came out over a year ago. Tried every fix on this thread and still no further forward, and they have the cheek to mark it as "Solved".

Just to add my thoughts, I did have this problem a few times on the Need For Speed: Most Wanted game also available on Origin. Although the loading times were much less to get back into the game and restarting events and free roam is much easier in that game than in this one.

The game on a whole is brilliant, innovative and really brought the franchise back in the right direction. Not perfect of course. Unfortunately, this bug is literally an "UNPLAYABLE" game breaking issue and clearly EA have just stopped giving a s***

Message 253 of 276 (1,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is nothing to do with updating drivers and performance of hdd @Straatford87

i've been away from game a few months and it was working fine and my friend 

told me he's having this issue.

So i put game on, driving fast down road and then road disappears, then straight down under map.

i've got lastest cpu and gpu brand new install of windows also

Message 254 of 276 (1,870 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

lol yes i agree. 2 years worth of comments (26 pages)...and its EVERYONES computer...love the game its so fun, so much potential!!! but this is sad. i play hundreds of games and no problems like this

Message 255 of 276 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

heres a new post of the problem by me. im new on here :D but im a gamer and love my games. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/need-for-speed-2016-road-poofing/m-p/6338373#M10646

Message 256 of 276 (1,839 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 257 of 276 (1,821 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

tell you the truth. i had a memory leak. i have windows 10, its good but not the best it has its issues. make sure your are not having a memory leak. after i fixed my memory leak my game runs perfect! run a virus scan, check for malware, keep your computers performance at its best. also a fresh reboot wouldnt hurt before playing (actual proper reboot). making sure you have no overlay open. also check for driver updates, another thing you can do is check your game files make sure everything this there and not corrupted. another thing dont have any unnecessary programs open. also try turning resolution down, that took away the little lag i had. and also helped the road appear faster. i dont have any issues with the game anymore, i play almost daily XD. i think everyone should try these solutions then if you are still having trouble think about upgrading your rigs. not trying to be a * just honesty from a fellow gamer

Message 258 of 276 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have managed to fix this problem by going out and buying more RAM Corsair ValueSelect 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600Mhz  and It managed to fix the issue for me.

Message 259 of 276 (1,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem with a good pc (i5 6600k gtx 950) and the problem was the cpu if i had something open that needed cpu power (chrome) i would fall of  the map. So try closing all applications and maybe an fps boosting app like razer cortex could help. Standard smile 

Message 260 of 276 (1,545 Views)