Re: [PC]Falling Through The Map

by PhuxAch3

Original Post

Re: Anyone else fall off the map?

★★ Novice

EA didn't survive this long by supporting games that (nearly) no one bought.  I second the Windows 10 'fix' as a solution if you're wanting to play this game.  Better frame rates.  No 'randomly dropping into entropy'.  I still have the "if you're using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad you can't exit out of the vehicle decal editor unless you unplug the gamepad" bug, but hey what can you do.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the last NFS game to appear on the PC. 

Message 241 of 276 (2,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just putting my experience out there but i'm one of the users who posted way back in march of last year about this problem, and it's still not fixed. i'm running on windows 10 with a gtx 980 sc, an intel i7 6700k, 16 gigs of ddr4 ram at 3000mhz, aa 7200rpm hdd running the game, and yes i've tried it on my samsung 850 evo ssd and the game runs the same. By turning down the resolution i am able to get something playable for the most part, but one of the big things they were boasting about making us wait months after the console release was "4k textures". EA ripped me off with this game, and i admit it. I've learned my lesson and will no longer support this company through the purchase of any of their software. hopefully some of the frustrated users on this forum will take the same stand. perhaps if there are enough gamers not buying EA games then they will decide to listen for once. who knows...

Message 242 of 276 (2,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

there's something wrong with your rig, probably software related. my pc is a lot weaker than yours and i play the game at 1080p 40-50 fps without any issues? have you tried a factory reset? 

Message 243 of 276 (2,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry but I have Win10 plus the same problem.

My computer can run it. What I do is I close all NVIDIA stuff like shadowplayer, webhelp, share, these things. Then I also have like the lowest graphical settings and when I'm lucky I can play. This is therefore no guarantee. I also think it is quite ridiculous because all other games play perfectly, and I have an extra video card especially for gaming (dxdiag attached).

(Edit: added extra info and corrrected spelling)

Message 244 of 276 (1,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 4ghz, GTX 1080, 32GB Ram, and the game is installed on a Samsung 960 PRO (one of the fastest NVME drives out there) on Windows 10 and I run into this issue a lot. It's so annoying, one mission I'm trying to beat and I almost beat it but then all of a sudden I run into the ground near the end of the race and lose. Better programming, I don't experience this kind of bugs in other games.

Message 245 of 276 (1,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem too, i wasted my money on this game! Anyone have found any solution?

For EA the problem doesn't exist! It's incredible!!!, I have a HDD WD Black and I tried everything!

Message 246 of 276 (1,603 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. I got i7 3770 GTX960 8GB ram 1600mhz 500GB hard drive 7200rpm. I'm not gonna any game from EA until they fix this.

Message 247 of 276 (1,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also the same PC config i3 - 4gb ram- vga rx 460 2 gb(new) 

Message 248 of 276 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem with 8 gb RAM and a non SSD. I updated my drivers and let Nvidia Experience optimize the settings for me and now it works almost flawlessly. No more driving off the map.

Message 249 of 276 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Novice
Absolutely fantastic how EVERYONES systems are to blame. How about taking a look at the actually coding of the game? Does anyone else have any problems with other online games, including racing games and if so do they relate to your hard drives? I don't.
This NFS 2016 has turned me into a fkin9 monster. I'm surprised I've not smashed my pc up or chucked it out my window because this game's issues REALLY tests my patience and pushes all my buttons.
No need for a DXDIAG report or turning off the services, etc, etc, you can ram the game right up your arse.
Message 250 of 276 (1,291 Views)