[PC]Can't Accelerate, Handbrake Stuck, Controller Doesn't Work

by StregKoden

Original Post

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

★ Novice

That is no soution man, I am playing on keyboard, I and have paid 60€ for normal game, NO FOR TRY THIS * and it will be maybe working...u now what I mean?

Message 71 of 149 (3,737 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

try to disconect the controller and play only with gamepad and them disconect the gamepad and playing with keyboard and i have the same problem with the aceleration. And this strats after your last update

Message 72 of 149 (3,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ok I finally just solved my controller problem. Lots of people have been saying that kicking up deadzone to max works. What everybody forgets to mention is that you need to do that also to the RACEWHEEL settings even if you got no racewheel. The RaceWheel options interfere with the pad options. I guess you could do that in the ingame menu but I just went the long way with Notepad++ and edited those options in the PlayerOptions file under mydocuments. Hope that helps

Message 73 of 149 (3,702 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks a lot brother :D Even EA devs cant fix the thing that u've fixed xD

Message 74 of 149 (3,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Update:

There is a now a sticky related to issues with Wheels, Controllers and in-game controls:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Wheels-Controllers-Controls-Troubleshooting/td-p/523005...

If you found a solution or workaround that you want added to the sticky, please send me a private message.

Additional solution by @Malikh822, if you are using an Xbox One S controller:

Spoiler
My short term solution is to plug your Xbox One S controller into the computer using Micro USB and downloading "Xbox Accessories" via the Windows 10 app store to update the controller. I was then able to use the controller to play the game, but only when connected via the Micro USB cord.

Message 75 of 149 (59,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

After 8 pages of options to try and +3 hours later i give up and i have requested a refund, nothing works,
I've seen that intro movie probably 50 times and i haven't been able to drive normally one time. 

Message 76 of 149 (3,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Try this... worked for me!

"WHEELS" OPTIONS: Unmap ACCELERATE, BRAKE and HANDBRAKE.. and set them with PAD buttons!

Unfortunately PAD is useless on MENU, and specially when you want to add decals i suggest you to remove PAD before...

It's a bit tricky.. but at least we can drive more easily!!

Standard smile

Message 77 of 149 (3,403 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xxRigelxx

Thanks for sharing! I hope it helps out our fellow players.

Message 78 of 149 (3,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Can confirm! Thank's for this suggestion! Bind all keys to one, so that all are unmaped, and then let just one key maped. Used the "Open Map". Works even for Steam Controller just set Origin launch as Admin, same goes for Steam and then just lauch Origin through Steam. Tricky but it works! EmbarrassedLarge smile

Still this isn't how things are suppoused to be... *Edited*

Message 79 of 149 (3,264 Views)

EA DICE Team

@XIII-1338

This shouldn't be happening with supported controllers. However, unsupported controllers like the Steam one will require additional tweaking from the players side. What specifically is needed can differ per controller.

Thanks for sharing that it worked for you. And.. please don't call us stupid. Frown

Message 80 of 149 (3,255 Views)