Re: New NEED FOR SPEED (2016) Controller issues

by ZeBritishMuffin

Original Post

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

★★ Novice

i kind of have the same issue with the g27, but it won let me accelerate AT ALL, tryed everything, nothing works, i can drive while holding W and steer with the steering wheel, but the thrust and brake peddles wont work, i cant even map them in the options menu.

g27 works perfectly fine with need for speed pro street

Message 121 of 149 (7,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello EA, and Everyone else here.

I am one of the (presently inactive) developers of X360CE.

I have read this thread and several others elsewhere and seen various posts of 360 and Xbone owners of various first and third party controllers having to remap the wheel so it doesn't cause double or messed up inputs.

This issue stems from the fact that these controllers are exposed to the system as both Xinput and DirectInput by default, and it is up to the game developer to block DirectInput during controller enumeration.

This is not automatically performed by applications built on the DX or Windows SDK's.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee417014(v=vs.85).aspx

Message 122 of 149 (7,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

the game does not make a distinction between the pedals, it registers them as just one pedal so when you press one of them, the game registers both gas and brake

the only way i managed to get it to work is to bind either gas or brake to a button and just play like that... (none of the stated fixes here worked for me)

also here is something fun

NFS The Run - same problem and more based on it

NFS Most Wanted 2012 - no problem

NFS Hot Pursuit (the last one) - no problem

Message 123 of 149 (7,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK I solved XBOX one blouettoth controller issue with no thrust (after 2) and constantly turning right!!

Just go to in game setting ->controllers

use page up and page down till you scroll to steering wheel custom keys

UNMAP all keys 

(that can be done by pressing same controller key for every option so only one key stays mapped, you can choose some up arrow or something)

now car drives smoothly

Message 124 of 149 (6,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to play on my laptop:
ASUS x550J
i5

GTX950

8gb RAM

When i start game, in main menu everything goin UP. Like my UP arrow button is stuck, but it works good. Help me PLZ!!! The problem only in this game!!! Waiting for answer...

Message 125 of 149 (6,517 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Everyone,

I have Logitech G29 on Windows 10 Pro. In the past eveything work fine. So, when I installed Project CARS 2 everything gone wrong. Project CARS 2 have revers pedals. My clutch mapped as accelerator and accelerator can`t work. In the settings I fix this problem... When I first run the Project CARS 2, I run from NFS 2016 profile (last Logitech Gaming Software) and when I run NFS 2016 my pedals doesn`t work fine. Same store as Project CARS 2, my clutch mapped as accelerator and accelerator can`t work. I tried everything but can`t work. Please help me with this! Thanks!

Message 126 of 149 (6,490 Views)

Re: Can't play NFS (PC) car holds handbrake(?) by itself, can't move.

★★★ Newbie
Deadzone is an option to delay to start throttle. For exemple if you set deadzone to 25, game doesn't regard ypur press until u reach the buttons %25 if you put deadzone to %100 game * up so you need to set deadzome to 0 if it necessary than put that like 5-30
Message 127 of 149 (6,444 Views)

★★★ Novice

i'm still having this problem and there's still no fix wth

Message 128 of 149 (6,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup happy 2018 and i'm still can't play the game with this bug it sucks come on EA i've tried all of the solution and  i've never use any gamepad so i can't do some of the fix

Message 129 of 149 (6,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure how relevant this is now but I noticed I was having some issues with my Xbox 360 controller today that where not there yesterday or previously, I stumbled across this post and noticed some similarities to what I was experiencing. Long story short I tried all of the helpful info offered here but to no avail. What I then did was exit everything but origin in the background apps and it turned out steam had loaded some controller drivers that was conflicting with the Xbox ones. As soon as I quit steam my problem was resolved .hope this helps someone else.

Message 130 of 149 (5,676 Views)