Origin won't download.

by Endslikecrazy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't download.

★★★★ Novice

I've searched over an hour to get this solved but can't find anything that isnt related to the games in origin not downloading...

My problem is i just got a new PC in today and now im trying to download the program origin itself, so not even games yet.. and it just stops at like 25% and does nothing for hours without giving any sort of reason why it shouldn't be working.

Can EA please fix their program already? I've literally been using this program for years and literally every time I touch it something bad happens...

Message 1 of 4 (1,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't download.

Hi, @Endslikecrazy

Follow these steps:

1. Restart your PC in safe boot mode
  2. Install origin by right clicking on the installation file, then choose "run as administrator"
  3. See if this works

Please let us know the result.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,307 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @Endslikecrazy

Follow these steps:

1. Restart your PC in safe boot mode
  2. Install origin by right clicking on the installation file, then choose "run as administrator"
  3. See if this works

Please let us know the result.

Message 2 of 4 (1,308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I stopped it ran it with admin mode, stopped at 25% again.. restarted the PC then tried again did nothing again.. Restarted my PC and used admin mode and now it suddenly did work.
It seems like the circumstances are totally random for stuff working/downloading or not and this is really bloody annoying.

I thank you for your help and time but EA really needs to start fixing this program, i literally can't touch it without having some sort of launching/downloading troubles or stuff freezing.

Message 3 of 4 (1,073 Views)

@Endslikecrazy

You're welcome. Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,045 Views)