Origin won't download/install any games.

by Afgaadhs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't download/install any games.

★★★★ Novice

I was trying to update Dragon Age Inquisition but Origin wouldn't download the update at all. It just said Queued and wouldn't actually download. Nothing showed up in the download queue window either. Uninstalled the game, tried to reinstall and the same thing happened. This happens with every game on my account, physical or digital copy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, turned the computer off and on again, still doesn't work. No error messages show up either. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 39 (84,778 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't download/install any games.

EA Staff

@Afgaadhs There are a few issues going on here it seems, but please do a Clean Boot, enable Safe Mode Downloading (Application Settings  - Advanced, top left corner of Origin client and Origin menu) and then try the download again. If the same happens, leave it running for like 5 minutes and then try installation from disc.

If it is the same with disc installation, please run a new OER and post the ID.

View in thread

Message 4 of 39 (91,340 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Afgaadhs Could you please run Origin Error Report and post the ID here?

Message 2 of 39 (84,571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok. Error Report ID is:

088515da7001aa37

Message 3 of 39 (84,565 Views)

EA Staff

@Afgaadhs There are a few issues going on here it seems, but please do a Clean Boot, enable Safe Mode Downloading (Application Settings  - Advanced, top left corner of Origin client and Origin menu) and then try the download again. If the same happens, leave it running for like 5 minutes and then try installation from disc.

If it is the same with disc installation, please run a new OER and post the ID.

Message 4 of 39 (91,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem too. No downloads work. Have tried running as admin, safe mode downloading, reboot, CCleaner, going through cmd... Still no luck.

The Origin Error Report ID is: 

08854b3e8001a874

EDIT: Hold on! Did a Clean Boot as a last resort just after I posted this and now it seems to work

Message 5 of 39 (84,544 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 39 (84,503 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear! Have fun playing :D

Message 7 of 39 (84,486 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem, I've bought a brand new game (The Sims 4) and i set up an Origin account specifically for the game and my install won't move off 0%. I've been trying for around an hour but nothing has changed.

Report code- 

095c8e3a800051bd

Message 8 of 39 (83,983 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I have the same problem... I have done as you advised but it only says DOWNLOAD IN QUEUE, and nothing changes.  I really hope there is anyway to fix this because I haven't been able to resolve this for over 5 months... Sometimes it starts dowloading and then it stops. I couldn´t update and i tried uninstalling and installing again but now it won't download. Please help!

Message 9 of 39 (77,426 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue with games not downloading. close Origins down, go to appdata origins folder and remove all files there, then restart origins and should work now..To get to appdata hold down windows key then press R. In the run box type %appdata% then hit enter.

Message 10 of 39 (76,646 Views)