Origin stealing money from my account!!!! horrible wedsite!!!

by MonaLynn20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin stealing money from my account!!!! horrible wedsite!!!

★★★ Newbie

sep,15 I'm trying to order sims 4 dine out. I was so happy to see there giving me a promotion code for 50% OFF ANY game. so of course I hurried to buy the game. That's was shortly lived when my order wasn't complete, so I said ummm let me check my account I know I just put money In there and there's no way on my end that I cant get this game. Checking my account I see no transaction of the game but I see EA games keep taking dollars out my account, which isn't the right amount. So after having to do all this extra stuff to even get in contact with someone. Customer services calls and now its gonna take 36 hours to process my order and 5-10 business days to get a refund if I wanted to.... when it only took them 5secs to start taking my money!!!! this is ridiculous this isn't the first time I have to go through something with EA games.. I guess ill stop buying games off online so I can keep my extra money!!!   

Message 1 of 4 (862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin stealing money from my account!!!! horrible wedsite!!!

EA DICE Team

@MonaLynn20

Hi,

If you were charged a small amount every time that you tried to make the purchase, then please read through the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/payment-pre-authorization-fee-on-credit-card-purchases/

I see that an Advisor has already looked at the rest of your orders so all we can do there now is wait.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (891 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@MonaLynn20

Hi,

If you were charged a small amount every time that you tried to make the purchase, then please read through the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/payment-pre-authorization-fee-on-credit-card-purchases/

I see that an Advisor has already looked at the rest of your orders so all we can do there now is wait.

Message 2 of 4 (892 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 hi yes ive had the same problem, ive had £5 taken off me in total, i'd like to know if i could get the £5 back. it was taken off me while i tried to buy sims 4 and im not sure why it happened?
Message 3 of 4 (600 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @angesmange those charges are most likely a pre-authorisation which is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)