Origin keeps telling me my account is in use by another computer

by HeWhomLurks

Original Post

Origin keeps telling me my account is in use by another computer

★★ Novice

Hello, i was wondering if someone could helpme?

For the past several hours i have been expereienceing a strange problem with my copy of Origin.

When i start the program and log in i get a message telling me that my account "is currently in use" and propmts me to "log in Anyway" or "choose offline mode".

I have tried changinf my password, as well as uninstalling origin and re-installing the latest version of the software to no avail, is this a server side glitch or is here something  i need to do to correct the issue?

Message 1 of 23 (14,654 Views)

Re: Origin keeps telling me my account is in use by another computer

★★ Novice

I've had the same thing happen since this morning. I've changed my password also but still get the same message.

Message 2 of 23 (14,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Currently having the same issue.  Got this message logging in tonight, chose to log in anyway and then changed my password.  Then 15 mins later got kicked out with that message.  Changed my password and security question and awaiting to see if it kicks me out again...

Message 3 of 23 (14,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@goraththeelder wrote:
Tell the system you are in the USA and you may see more options for the "Contact: choices -- during the day, within the standard stateside business hours, using Twitter is supposed to get through the fastest. 

Go to https://help.ea.com/

Click on "Contact us"

On the next page select the game you wish help with and click on Go.

Choose the appropriate options in the drop down menu for "Product", "Category", and "Platform".

Select the available Contact method of your choice.

There's NOTHING new here.  Asked already, many times, answered already, many times, so it's getting so very tiresome now. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/having-a-login-glitch-Keep-telling-me-another-computer-is-in-use/m-p...

Message 4 of 23 (14,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

You know, I actualy spent days Googling and didn't find any answers, so if you know of any can you please link them. Otherwise you are somewhat unhelpful and posting saying this is tiresome is not helping. No answer is better that an unhelpful one.

And I can also contact EA fine from where I am I don't need to change my location.

Message 5 of 23 (14,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, no solution found.

Goraththeelder, apologies if this isn't in the thread you most prefer for these posts. I found it via your own link from another thread, so it seems the best guess.

>Asked already, many times, answered already, many times, so it's getting so very tiresome now. 

Right, I've seen the posts, and your replies. But since it is helpful to know when other players have similar problems, it does help to keep an active thread.

When the community comes up with a solution, that's the best sort of support, enabling play with minimal demands on EA and maximum efficiency for players. Here's hoping we get one for this problem, and in the meantime, please note that Goraththeeelder recommends the Contact Us link to reach a Game Advisor.

Message 6 of 23 (14,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does it have any solution for this problem?

Message 7 of 23 (13,191 Views)

★★ Novice

I guess EA doesn't care...

Message 8 of 23 (13,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

One thing I have noticed this happens every time my computer goes to sleep. I'm wondering if it's just getting this message because of that? It doesn't happen any other time to me, oddly enough. :catindifferent: It is pretty annoying...

Message 9 of 23 (12,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but I have had the exact same message, I just change my password and then if you have your visa or credit card on there as primary I would delete it, I did that so if it is getting hacked the person would not be able to get hold of your credit card or visa and your money would be safe.

Message 10 of 23 (11,986 Views)