Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

by rpeyton12

Original Post

Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Could you all try this. Make sure to UNINSTALL Origin and then redownload from the address posted below.

no, didn't work for us ... uninstalled Origin, re-installed from the address posted ... same error  - ie 'can't launch TS4 ... Origin not running (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)'

Message 41 of 216 (9,999 Views)

Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

Community Manager

For those who tried a reinstall but have had no luck, you could try a full removal and reinstall. This usually won't be needed, so if you haven't done so already just try a regular Origin reinstall first. 

To start with, uninstall Origin as normal. 

Then run ccleaner on your PC: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

This is generally worth running anyway.

At this point, clear your Origin temporary files. They aren't removed when you uninstall: http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-origin-temporary-files/

Finally, download and reinstall using a fresh downloader: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/download

@ScampWolf06 Try changing your region to the US or UK(depending on the time of day) and check again for chat options. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 42 of 216 (9,993 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

For those who tried a reinstall but have had no luck, you could try a full removal and reinstall. 

did all of that ... uninstalled Origin, removed the Origin folders, ran CCleaner as instructed, re-installed Origin ... same error - Can't launch TS4, Origin not running

Our 'game time' is now up to 10 hours ... 5 of which we have never played ! ... so TS4 must register it IS running even when it reports it can't launch due to Origin not running (or is Origin keeping the hours tally?)

TS3 runs fine through Origin ...

Message 44 of 216 (9,962 Views)

Sims 4 Will Not Launch Origin Installed

★ Novice

I bought the Sims 4 (hard copy) to play on my new laptop which runs Windows 8.1 Tried to run the Autorun from the disc but it wouldn't install Origin.

I manually went through the Origin download and install from the website and downloaded the Sims 4 through it, but it still will not launch. I'm getting an error message saying that Origin must be running to play the Sims...even though I'm trying to launch it through My Games in Origin. The error code I got was d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000

Please can somebody try to help me? I don't know much about how to fix these problems and I'm quite upset that I paid so much money for a new computer and the Sims 4 for it not to work!

Message 43 of 216 (9,968 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Will Not Launch Origin Installed

Hero

@SarahLaBee92 Merged your post.

Tagging @EA_David to see if there are other suggestions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 216 (9,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good evening,

I have the same error message. Anybody fine the solution? ????

I try all of your recommandation but their are no succes. 

Thinks

Ombeline

Message 46 of 216 (9,895 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Someone suggested running the game with Win 7 compatibility mode, even if you are already running Win7. Standard smile

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Not-Working-On-Origin/m-p/4179867#M25560
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 47 of 216 (9,822 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, I know I've tried all the suggestions this far and none of them have worked. Are there any other fixes for this that anyone has found yet?
Message 48 of 216 (9,816 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@tigeryukilove 

Did you try to launch the game after starting your pc in safe mode?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows...

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 49 of 216 (9,765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

J'ale même problème, je n'arrive à rien, j'ai lu toute la page et essayé toutes les astuces et conseil mais je n'ai toujours rien.

Message 50 of 216 (9,735 Views)