Re: Origin internet connection issues

by ivrognard

Original Post

Origin internet connection issues

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

My laptop that used windows 7 broke, so now I am having to use my old laptop with Windows XP. Today, I got on wanting to play the Sims 4 until I ran into some issues. First off, when I opened Origin, it told me that Origin needed some vital repairs and gave me the option to proceed in offline mode or restart the program. I clicked restart multiple times, but it just kept coming up with the same error message. After reading a couple of online posts, I decided to uninstall and attempt to reinstall Origin. Since then, Origin has not finished installing because it keeps coming up with an error message stating  "Origin installation requires an internet connection, but we were unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection and try again. You may also download the latest version of Origin here: https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe " Origin did require me to download an older version of the program due to the fact that my computer isn't capable of being up to date with their new updates. I've uninstalled my anti-virus software, taken off the firewall, ran it as an admin and tried using my phone as a hotspot  for the WIFI. On the other posts I've seen on this forum about this issue, there wasn't a very clear answer. I would really like to fix this issue. Could the issue be that I'm using Windows XP? Or is it something else? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)

Re: Origin internet connection issues

@olia8  Sadly, support was dropped by many for Windows XP (Microsoft included). The new Origin client isn't compatible with Vista and XP and the old one can't run properly the newer games. You could probably find a decent laptop or desktop for your gaming needs or see if you can repair the old one. But modern gaming on Windows XP...better not. Too much hustle, especially if you are less knowledgeable on how the OS and PC are working. 

You've checked the usual suspects, so the problems lies somewhere deeper in the system. Your internet connection is wi-fi or landbased (cable, fiber optics cable)? 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)