Origin hacked, secret question changed to russian

by deevox

Original Post

Origin hacked, secret question changed to russian

★★★ Newbie

My Origin Account was recently hacekd and secret question was changed to russian what i suppose to do to get my account back?

Message 1 of 3 (715 Views)

Re: Origin hacked, secret question changed to russian

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ever get a fix for this? EA are telling me I have to call up but when I work 9-5 and the phone lines are only open 9-5 thats a bit **bleep**ty. Plus I shouldn't have to pay to fix this kind of crap...

ps my name is not andrew bond -.-

pps, EA, your **bleep**ty website dosnt work in chrome (the most used browser in the world). nice one

Message 2 of 3 (609 Views)

Re: Origin hacked, secret question changed to russian

Hero (Retired)

The following process should be followed if you believe that your Origin (EA) Account has been hacked or compromised.

If you have been notified that your email address has been changed but have not requested a change of email address, suffered any other similarly suspicious activity, or have any other reason to doubt the security of your account, please follow the steps below to create a new account in order to request contact us for support.

Note, before contacting, be sure to have the following information available so that we may help you as quickly as possible:

• A serial number from one of your games, if possible, is the easiest identifier we can use to locate your account. If you do not a serial number available we will be able to accept your Gamertag, PSID, or Character Names from online games.
  • The email address you would like to be contacted at
  • The original email address for your compromised accout
  • Your actual date of birth
  • The date of birth used to set up your account

Create a new Origin (EA) Account:

• Go to help.ea.com and select "Register" in the Login Bar located in the upper-right corner 
  • Enter an email address you have never used with an EA account before
  • Choose a Master ID and a Password, enter your date of birth and rest of the required fields using only accurate information.

Contact Us from your New Account

• Go to help.ea.com and select "Login" in the Login Bar.
  • Select "Contact Us" located further down the right side.
  • Select "Origin" as your product.
  • Select "Account Security" as your category.
  • Select "PC" as your platform.
  • Select "I Still Need Help"

For customers in North America:

• Select "Call me."
  • Enter your phone number.
  • Select "Submit."

For Customers outside of North America:

• Go to the "choose a contact method" section
  • Contact us using the telephone number provided within the listed opening hours

Please be aware that it is likely that the agent you speak to will need to confirm information on this account.

Message 3 of 3 (606 Views)