Origin Wallet: Split Payments

by watsyurdeal102

Original Post

Re: Origin Wallet: Split Payments

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was able to complete this transaction. Initially, through the Origin app on PC I was unable to complete my purchase with both credit card and the funds in my EA wallet as the Proceed to Order was greyed out like other people had shown here. 

When I reached out to support they told me this was not possible (combining EA funds and credit card), but I'd figure I'd try myself by going directly to the web client instead of the app. By going to the website- it worked! 

I was able to complete this by going to the Origin site and selecting apply EA funds and then it autopicked my credit card on file to cover the difference. 

Try this out if anyone ended up here after having this problem. (FYI- my purchase was for a Sims 4 Game Pack and not a pre-order, in case that  helps) 

ADMIN EDIT:

If you are unsure if a split payment will work, scroll to the terms & conditions at the bottom of the Store page for the game that you're trying to buy, and look for the following sentence:

MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT

That means split payments aren't available.

Message 41 of 58 (10,511 Views)

Re: Origin Wallet: Adding funds from Debit Card

★ Novice
Actually, this is a solution to the issue. Without this post, I never would've figured out how to do this. Thank you so much!
Message 42 of 58 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can confirm was about to flip out on customer service after reading pages and pages of forum posts about split payments. Added my credit card to EA account as primary method of payment, went back to the transaction via Origin website, allowed me to pay the $4 tax. Thanks!!

Message 43 of 58 (969 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Simsfor2015

And thanks for you for confirming that! I've removed the solution from my own post, and applied it to the post that helped you out. Other players reading this thread will now know exactly how to use a split payment.

Thanks!

@WALSRU wrote:
Can confirm was about to flip out on customer service

Such a pleasure to still have you here in good spirits! I'm glad that another player was able to help you out - that's what we're trying to achieve here on Answers HQ Standard smile

If both of you have any further questions, just let me know! In the meantime, if you feel like stopping by for a chat, then we would also love to have you on the newly opened Origin Community forums.

Message 44 of 58 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You forgot to add (ONLY WORKS ON OLD GAMES NOT ANYTHING NEWER THEN 30 DAYS) You have to wait for a game to be 30 days or older to use split payment. 

Message 45 of 58 (945 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MISFITSWITCH

Could you point to the specific page that stated this information? I will add that in the solution as well.

Message 46 of 58 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was told this by 5 different EA online reps and 2 managers by phone. 

Message 47 of 58 (926 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm not sure about this 30 day information since the game I used split purchase for was a Sims 4 game pack the day of release. It wasnt over 30 days old but it was not a full game.
Message 48 of 58 (920 Views)

★★ Novice
Happy to have helped!
Message 49 of 58 (920 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MISFITSWITCH @Amaranthine90

Thank you both, for adding further information.

What you're referring to is most likely related to pre-order games, as those can never be purchased via a split payment.

However, the best way to find out is to scroll to the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the Store page for the specific game that you're trying to buy - then look for the following sentence:

MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT

If that is present, then you will be unable to use split payment for that title. I will also add that tip to the solution in this thread.

Thanks again,

Message 50 of 58 (907 Views)