Origin Wallet: Split Payments

by watsyurdeal102

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Wallet: Split Payments

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For Christmas, one of my family members purchased for me a card for Best Buy. I figured I'd use the card to buy an Origin Cash Card, and buy Titanfall with it. I was checking out on Origin, and recieived the message "$60.00 has been applied, but you don't have enough credit to complete this purchase. Please select another payment method."

Is there no possible way to just add a few funds from my Debit Card to finish the purchase? Or any way you could allow me to pay with the Wallet Balance first, and then the Debit Card?

Message 1 of 58 (31,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Wallet: Split Payments

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was able to complete this transaction. Initially, through the Origin app on PC I was unable to complete my purchase with both credit card and the funds in my EA wallet as the Proceed to Order was greyed out like other people had shown here. 

When I reached out to support they told me this was not possible (combining EA funds and credit card), but I'd figure I'd try myself by going directly to the web client instead of the app. By going to the website- it worked! 

I was able to complete this by going to the Origin site and selecting apply EA funds and then it autopicked my credit card on file to cover the difference. 

Try this out if anyone ended up here after having this problem. (FYI- my purchase was for a Sims 4 Game Pack and not a pre-order, in case that  helps) 

ADMIN EDIT:

If you are unsure if a split payment will work, scroll to the terms & conditions at the bottom of the Store page for the game that you're trying to buy, and look for the following sentence:

MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT

That means split payments aren't available.

View in thread

Message 41 of 58 (10,504 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin Wallet: Adding funds from Debit Card

★★★★ Novice

Bumping this

Can anyone give me some sort of answer?

Message 2 of 58 (31,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Short answer is no.

I spent a long time with support with the same exact issue. Making it worse, I wanted to create a fresh account to use as my true Origin account and not use my older one with one game (which was made automatically). That turned out to be stupid of me, because it locked me in at paying taxes due to my new location (Florida doesn't pay taxes so my other account doesn't have to).

So as a warning to anyone searching this, if you use EA Cash cards to purchase a game and have to pay taxes, a $60 dollar game will require more than $60 in EA wallet cash cards. IT HAS TO BE EA WALLET CASH, you cannot combine your wallet with paypal or a credit card for some really stupid reason (probably because EA really doesn't care and is sexually attracted to money).

This is DESPITE what it says on the EA Cash Card page where it states that you can in fact finish a EA Wallet payment with a credit card. Support does not give a **bleep** if you show them this and will simply tell you to buy another card. If you pressure them you'll be referred to a "special team" which will show up a week later according to them and then you're told that "they will contact you" before being sent on your way. After being referred three times (and never once hearing from this special team) I just gave up and bit down on the extra cash.

And EA wonders why gamers hate Origin and why they were voted the worst company ever twice. /eyeroll

Message 3 of 58 (30,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a bunch of **bleep**!

Message 4 of 58 (25,936 Views)

★ Novice

You can use your EA Wallet and a debit / credit card to purchase a game.  You just can't use them both to PRE-ORDER a game.  For whatever reason, EA only allows a single source of payment for pre-orders.

Message 5 of 58 (24,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
This is a like a year old but I just had this issue today so I thought I'd post and share my solution. If you purchase a game through the origin app you cannot use two different payment methods. But if you just go through the actual origin website it will automatically apply whatever is in your ea wallet and you may enter a credit card to pay the remaining balance.
Message 6 of 58 (23,007 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for that, kellek08.
Message 7 of 58 (22,992 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so like, are you removing that?

Message 8 of 58 (21,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@kellek08 wrote:
This is a like a year old but I just had this issue today so I thought I'd post and share my solution. If you purchase a game through the origin app you cannot use two different payment methods. But if you just go through the actual origin website it will automatically apply whatever is in your ea wallet and you may enter a credit card to pay the remaining balance.

This did not solve my issue. I have 20.00 in my EA wallet, and more than enough money on my debit/credit card to pay for the remaining sales tax, yet the website will not complete my purchase. So NO, this is not a solution for the issue.

Message 9 of 58 (19,050 Views)

Split payment

★★★★★ Novice

I got some EA Game Cards as a gift but it's not enough to cover BF1 Ultimate. I can use my Paypal or credit card to cover the rest? Because the if go out and buy more EA game card(which is only in $20 and $60 where i'm at) I would have some left over that I don't need. 

Message 10 of 58 (14,782 Views)