Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

by dita_wihandoko

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

so I tried the last step on the list. I uninstall origins and download a new version using the link here and try to run it as Administrator. And still the error message pops up and now without Origins I cannot run my game. Tried the beta and non beta version and it still didn't work.

Help?

Message 311 of 618 (801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nevermind. Got it working.

Must've clashed with Windows 10 auto update or something and when I did a clean reboot it works fine

Message 312 of 618 (797 Views)

Re: Origin Update or Install - Error 9:0

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. Suddenly, because of the Beta, EA needs my administrator account password for my PC and administrative privileges?  I've been playing off and on for months without changing anything on my account or my PC relative to EA/Origin.  Why the SUDDEN need for administrative privileges?  NOT RIGHT. And this issue IS NOT SOLVED AND THE "SOLUTION" DOES NOT WORK.  BAD EA...VERY BAD.

Message 313 of 618 (681 Views)

Re: Error 9:0

★★ Novice

it took uninstalling and reinstalling for it to work for me.

Message 314 of 618 (671 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problems as well. It started happening around 11pm last night when I went to load up Sims 4. I've done everything Tom has suggested, and I've even uninstalled it several times, only to have the same result. There's no trace of Origin in my task manager at all, either!

Message 315 of 618 (641 Views)

★ Novice

I been having this same problem for months . I spend hrs trying to get on and play 30 mins

Then one day it decides to work. Before you guys roll out updates make sure they work. Or give us some way of playing without the update. All my games are useless right now because I have to play them through origin.  

Message 316 of 618 (860 Views)

★ Novice

I uninstalled it and still get the same stupid message trying to install it. Maybe you guys should refund the hundreds of $ I spent on your useless games

Message 317 of 618 (859 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey buddy they're not stupid to us. If you're not going to suggest ways to help, then please leave.

Message 318 of 618 (848 Views)

★★ Novice

I totally agree with you dont put a new update when it is not 100% tested.

Message 319 of 618 (826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ik heb het al vaak verwijdert en terug ge instaleert en beta versies nooit aangevink en er blijft steeds foutcode 9:0 op komen

Message 320 of 618 (836 Views)