Origin, The Sims 4, and Google Chrome will not open

by oreosssz

Original Post

Origin, The Sims 4, and Google Chrome will not open

★ Apprentice

Every time I try to open my sims 4 game, origin or google it just wont work! I get the error message: Application was unable to start correctly click OK to close and an error code 0xc00000e5 atleast five times

I've tried replacing dll (All msvcp100, msvcp120,msvcp110, etc) files, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling c++, I've tried reverting my computer back to previous version nothing I have tried will work! please help me!

Message 1 of 8 (1,656 Views)

Re: Origin, The Sims 4, and Google Chrome will not open

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @oreosssz

Close Origin.

Delete temp files: open the Start Menu and type %temp% in the Search field  or click in the Run option in the Start Menu and type %temp% in the Run field.Press Enter and a Temp folder should open. You can delete all files found in this folder, and if any files are in use, they can be skipped.

Reset your Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

Restart your machine .

Perform a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/.

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 8 (1,626 Views)

★ Apprentice

Origin still won't open.

Message 3 of 8 (1,618 Views)

EA DICE Team

@oreosssz

To confirm, you're also experiencing this issue with your browser, Google (Chrome)?

In that case you might want to just resort to a a system refresh to restore any damaged or missing Windows files.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 8 (1,601 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. It won't let me open or reinstall chrome (or any other files)

will a system refresh delete all of my game files such as things in my mods folder?

Message 5 of 8 (1,594 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. It won't let me open or reinstall chrome (or any other .exe files)

Will a system refresh delete all of my game files such as things in my mods folder?

Message 6 of 8 (1,593 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 

Will a system refresh effect/delete items in my game folder such as .package files in my mods folder?

Message 7 of 8 (1,579 Views)

EA DICE Team

@oreosssz

You can choose from several options: reinstall Windows files only, or delete all files and reinstall Windows.

If you choose to delete everything, then make sure you backup your files. But also take into account that any files that you backup could be the cause of any of your current issues.

Message 8 of 8 (1,560 Views)