Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

by cmartindell

Original Post

Re: Add to Cart?

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exactly same problem... Do you find any solution?

@Queen_Roogna wrote:

I wanted to bundle Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat with two other stuff packs and use the promo code to get 50% my entire order but I can't do that when there's no 'add to cart' option. Just a big ol purchase button. I don't want to make the mistake of buying them at full price like a friend accidentally did.. please tell me this is a glitch/bug. This new interface hurts me on an emotional level. Broken heart

Message 51 of 216 (3,450 Views)

Re: Shopping cart?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The official response is pretty baffling to me, to be honest, and doesn't really instill confidence. A shopping cart is a fundamental feature in the global webstore experience. Very well, add the Buy Now option to streamline the process, but to remove the most basic, understood and accepted method for people to shop online is just a decision I cannot begin to understand. Can you imagine if Amazon decided they weren't going to have a shopping cart anymore? Madness!

I recall a blog post once on UI design. In his younger years, the writer had worked at a bakery or some-such, and part of his work involved hoisting stuff up into industrial mixing vats via a chain/pulley system. One day, the company replaced the chain, and one of the links in the new one had a small, jagged edge of metal that would cut into his hand every time he happened to grab it, completely ruining his day.

Translating that lesson into user experience, the point is clear: it takes only one small-but-irritating change, one dud feature--or in this case, the removal of a much used one--to irrevocably alter the user's attitude toward the overall product. Aesthetics is one thing, most people can and will work around an undesirable layout, but when you go messing around with core usability, you'd better be damned sure the alternative is palatable. In this case? Totally not tasty. Frown

Message 52 of 216 (3,453 Views)

Re: Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

★★ Novice

this is so stupid... give us a Shopping cart :'(

Message 53 of 216 (3,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

So... how long are we gonna have to wait for the shopping cart to come back exactly? I just want to buy stuff packs and expansions for Sims, and I can't exactly do that when I'm constantly charging x amount one after another to my card, that thing will be shut down so fast...

Message 54 of 216 (3,294 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Still no shopping cart guess I am still just going to be spending my money over the STEAM client. Shame really wanted to buy the add ons for Mass Effect 2 and 3

Message 55 of 216 (3,272 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally caved and decided to purchase a couple of stuff packs for Sims 4.  Got to the YOU PAY NOW screen and thought I was still half asleep, so I kept looking for the continue shopping button.  After several minutes of fruitless searching and repeatedly opening and closing the purchase screen, I gave up and searched for the answer online.  Leading me here.  I gaped in disbelief, surely this was a mistake!  With EA's reputation, they wouldn't make it harder for me to give them my money.  But they did.  You did.  

On my way to the browser store I found myself reconsidering.  I feel the stuff packs are a little overpriced and after all that hassle, it just didn't feel worth the effort.  So you lost a sale.  I came here to make this post about it because EA makes some of my very favorite games, and I would love to see you improve.  Also I couldn't find a feedback button.  Please bring back the shopping cart!

Message 56 of 216 (3,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Honestly it's a bit ridiculous to force you into multiple transactions. I understand payment info can be saved and then just buy multiple times, but being security minded I don't let companies save this data anymore since we have seen so many data breaches in the past few years.

Not only that it's putting a barrier in front of first time buyers who haven't saved their info yet and those that don't want that data saved. This is making me think twice about even buying into the system.

WORK AROUND:

However I found nice work around, Amazon seems to be partnered for digital download codes and the games I was looking at are cheaper(Crysis collection is $5 cheaper currently) and I can use a shopping cart.... so I guess for now Amazon seems to be a valid work around while they don't offer a cart. Only hassle then is copying and pasting the code from Amazon into Origin to redeem.

Message 57 of 216 (3,233 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've never seen an online shopping website that doesn't have a shopping cart system. I want to buy 3 Dragon Age games and I have to put in my info 3 times. REALLY???
Fix it please, EA. Whoever came up with this genius idea deserves salary cut.

I don't trust saving my credit card number to my account. Not after my Playstation and eBay accounts were hacked. Luckily, the thieves didn't get anything because I never saved my credit card info online. 

Message 58 of 216 (3,151 Views)

★★ Novice

Guess I will not be making a purchase until this stupidity is resolved. Who does this??

Message 59 of 216 (3,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think that as long as people regardless of complaining continue to pay it won't be changed. I for one will not jump through hoops to give someone my money. I have other places that make it easier for me to have my money taken. 

Message 60 of 216 (3,128 Views)