by MikeMaverick71

Original Post

Re: Origin games not downloading or updating only "queued"

★★★★★ Newbie

Wow, After hours of troubleshooting this worked. Yay

Message 21 of 172 (17,310 Views)

Origin Download error/queued/paused - THE SOLUTION

★ Apprentice

For those who tried everything (admin mode, reinstall Origin, any none working solution from forums) and are still stuck in the download mode in ORIGIN, here is the good one (by deleting all the following files that are still on your computer, even uninstalling Origin, thank you devs...):

Make sure Origin is not running anymore by clicking on the Origin menu in the system tray and choosing Exit.

The files to delete can be found here:
•C:\ProgramData\Origin —    Delete Everything except for the following sub directory: DO NOT DELETE: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent
•Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\   - Delete the Origin folder
•Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\   - Delete the Origin folder

The folders are hidden in your Windows, you can cut and paste above links in your search field.

You can now restart your Origin, and downloads will work again (if needed, link to the right install path, as Origin will loose any customized setup).

Good luck ! Nerd

Mav
Message 22 of 172 (33,722 Views)

Re: Origin Download error/queued/paused - THE SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It doesn't work in my case in windows 10 and I do not have that folder on my pc (C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent)

Message 23 of 172 (33,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try to enter origin as admin user Standard smile

Right click, run as admin. Worked like a charm for me!

Message 24 of 172 (17,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this works.

If u can find ur Origin in ur roaming folder. or find ur app data folder period. make sure an go to ur control panel and change the setting that lets you see hidden files. App data is hidden by default. 

Message 25 of 172 (33,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello,

please read my post carefully:

The folders are hidden in your Windows, you can cut and paste above links in your search field.

Or in your security settings, you can choose to temporary unhide the hidden folders. But the solution to cut and paste the link in your IE or search field is quicker.

This works under Windows 7/8/10.

Regards,

Mav

[ADMIN EDIT: I've merged the original post in here so I can mark it as a solution]

Make sure Origin is not running anymore by clicking on the Origin menu in the system tray and choosing Exit.

The files to delete can be found here:
•C:\ProgramData\Origin —    Delete Everything except for the following sub directory: DO NOT DELETE: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent
•Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\   - Delete the Origin folder
•Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\   - Delete the Origin folder

This is also detailed in the following article:

Message 26 of 172 (41,740 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This did not work for me. Download still says queued.

Message 27 of 172 (17,187 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you. Worked like a charm after I deleted the cache files then run as administrator.

Message 28 of 172 (17,183 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys and girls, im guessing you've all come here for the same reason, EA's terrible game launcher Origin not working,

Another thing that might help that helped me (i couldnt download/update for months) is the game installer directory, for myself it was on a different hard drive then where my actual games where installed, you might want to do as above said first and delete the cache files aswell

Message 29 of 172 (17,086 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey! For all who still have these problems, try this: Go to advanced settings and put the folder for the game installer back to standart. Worked for me. For some reason this setting was changed since the last origin update.

Message 30 of 172 (17,049 Views)