Origin Constantly Freezes

by Jsmitty627

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Constantly Freezes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I recently built a new computer and put windows 10 on it... On my old computer i never had this issue with Origin.. I click on the short cut to start it and enter in my password with no problem. Then 8 times out of 10 it will freeze and it will have the origin outline at the top (Origin symbol, Origin, Games, friends, view, help _ D X) but i cant click on any of them. So then i will task manager shut it down and try again. If i get lucky it will eventually let me into the store. Then when i try to purchase mass effect Andromeda it freezes with the space background. This is really frustrating. I've looked around on the forums but cant find something similar. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 7 (461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Constantly Freezes

Hero (Retired)

Try this:

- close all programs as this

- delete folders:
C:\ProgramData\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

- run Origin as Admin

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (464 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Try this:

- close all programs as this

- delete folders:
C:\ProgramData\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

- run Origin as Admin

Message 2 of 7 (465 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Jsmitty627

If the suggestion by @MADrag0n doesn't help, then please reply with a dxdiag so that we can have a closer look at your system.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

After just deleting the bottom folder it seams to have ~for now~ fixed the problem. Thanks! Ea why your license do dis? =D

Message 4 of 7 (404 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just bought sims 4 deluxe .. deleted alot of OLD FILES on the computer.. and it still isn't working... Sims will flash like it trying to run n then disappear... this is very frustrating..... I want to play SIMS!!!! I THINK $50 IS more than enough for the game and the fact that i can't play it is getting very exasperating!!!! My computer does run XP so maybe your origin for xp just isn't working well anymore.... EA you all can't send me the disk so I can please play my game??? After all $50 isn't cheap... I already obviously payed for a key code.... this is very exasperating!! I have a support # before I even deleted a bunch of things on my computer and did your steps.. it's support id# 0bc0c26f90102dbd and i also ran a config steps that includes a step to clean boot that was also suggested by one of your co-workers..... I'm HIGHLY FRUSTRATED!!! I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME!!!!! IF I NEW THIS ID HAVE BOUGHT THE GAME FRM TARGET THEY ARE EVEN ON SALE RIGHT NOW!!! FOR $40 CHEAPER !!! N I WOULD BEEN ABLE TO GOTTEN OTHER PACKS N ADD ONS!!

IF THIS ORIGIN ISSUE CAN'T BE SOLVED EA GOT TO SEND MY GAME ASAP ON DISK ... I'M SO UPSET RIGHT NOW!
Message 5 of 7 (372 Views)

★★★ Novice
I also tried the steps in the following and because I'm going to guess my computer was special made by a person who made computers not a brand like hp or sony ... i can't get into administrator only owner and i dnt have a USC or whatever the name is of the files in the 2nd step https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

I also tried the steps of the person above on delete files... some won't delete n the ones that did origin still isn't working.

Only resort is looking like i need an actual physical disc to play on like sims 3 and prior had... and when I have funds to get the additive packs they also Will need to be on disc
Message 6 of 7 (367 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CocolosoQueenEmp

HI there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble playing Sims! Let's have a look to see if we can get you back into the game.

First, could you please clarify for me if the issue is with Origin not starting, or is it Sims that isn't starting? As a side question: you mention that someone else build your system and that you're not the administrator - if you aren't able to make certain changes yourself, have you then had your system administrator take a look?

In the meantime I would recommend to check out our Complete Support - Origin thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin/td-p/5946935

Thanks for reaching out to us,

Message 7 of 7 (338 Views)