Re: One-Time Password Email Takes Too Long, Password Expires

by Chrickell92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One-Time Password Email Takes Too Long, Password Expires

★★★ Newbie

Hello, all. I hope you can help. I've seen some similar issues with the One-Time password on here, but nothing that is exactly the same. 

So, basically, after well over a year of not playing, I wanted to start playing again as a good friend of mine has started to play. Anyway, when attempting to sign into my account, I am told that I am sent a One-Time password and that I should enter this. However, I do not get the password for 30+ minutes. At which point, I am assuming it has expired, as when I type it in (have been trying this all day since around 8 AM, it's now 6:30 PM), I am told it is invalid. 

After one is invalid, I refresh the page and try to login again so I can be sent another password. However, the same thing occurs. I get through 1.5-2 episodes of the office before receiving the email with the password, which has consistently been invalid. 

I have ensured the Bioware - specifically the address that sends the password - is not blocked, in fact I have placed them on a safe/white list, I have added the address to my contacts, and have set it to be high priority upon entering my inbox. 

Has anyone else experienced this before and found resolution? It's a bit frustrating that even though I subscribed for a year and a half, I have no way of talking to any customer support agents now - and can't even start my subscription up again because I can't sign into my account.

I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,326 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Chrickell92

The OTP has a life span of about 15 minutes

Mail server delays can occur on the internet for a number of reasons.

if it usually doesn't do this then this should resolve on its own in a day or so (hard to say when without knowing exact reason for delay)

If it persists it maybe best to use a different email address, you can call CS (Link to Numbers) and they can change the email address on the account manually

I would add a security key to the account once you get back in, it removes the requirement for the OTP all together - See Link  even if you do not have a phone , WinAuth can be used on the PC or a USB thumbdrive to make it portable

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,553 Views)

All Replies

@Chrickell92

The OTP has a life span of about 15 minutes

Mail server delays can occur on the internet for a number of reasons.

if it usually doesn't do this then this should resolve on its own in a day or so (hard to say when without knowing exact reason for delay)

If it persists it maybe best to use a different email address, you can call CS (Link to Numbers) and they can change the email address on the account manually

I would add a security key to the account once you get back in, it removes the requirement for the OTP all together - See Link  even if you do not have a phone , WinAuth can be used on the PC or a USB thumbdrive to make it portable

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@proxos666

Thank you very much. I was under the impression that unless you were a subscriber you could not contact customer support. I was able to resolve this over the phone. Thank you very much, my friend. 

Message 3 of 3 (1,313 Views)