by Karaya2

Original Post

Re: No Joystick-Support for Planes on Early Access

★★ Apprentice

we still waiting....

Message 11 of 59 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know you folks at DICE have a burgeoning customer base in the console market,  I get it.

but BATTLEFIELD is a passion for many many gamers out there,   and has been since 1942.   the physics, the flight dynamics,  the sheer mastery of the flight skills involved.

joysticks were heralded,  and the jockeys of the PC world were in some blissful heaven,  every time the pirouetted an a apache in a spiral to come hovering over a helipad to repair.      remember the desert combat mod?  that was PC stick flight to the max!

I truly get why you are paying so much attention to the console market..  that's where the really big revenue is..

but your faithful,  you devoted,  and your most loyal of battlefield soldiers cut their teeth on mastering stick flight..    

we created the community,  we helped create the enterprise battlefield has become.

don't let us down now..

please implement joystick mapping..  it's really not that hard,   and your biggest fans will love you for it.

then may even buy your *next* game..

-vark

Message 12 of 59 (1,462 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh,  here's a total old skool video I put together from battlefield vietnam..  circa 2004... go NUTZ clan!

all joystick, all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q00P1KD2iQ

-vark

Message 13 of 59 (1,461 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Add Joystick Support or loose out on me and my 35 person clan buying bf1.       joystick support is the only reason we were looking at BF1 over the new Call Of Duty.

Message 14 of 59 (1,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Correct Joystick support making in BF1, is not a big deal. So DICE please come on  WE NEED IT.

Will send this to DICE

Message 15 of 59 (1,432 Views)

Hero

This is not a technical issue that fellow gamers can help each other with. This is feedback, a feature request and thus belongs on the forums at:

https://forums.battlefield.com

carbonic signature

Message 16 of 59 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not only joystick support has been dropped, but even with x360CE emulator key mapping for vehicles don't work correctly. DICE you're starting to loose many PC players = pro players = market influencers, so please remember this is not FIFA or PES nor a car simulator, bring back joystick support, that's not so hard to do

Message 17 of 59 (1,405 Views)

★★ Novice

wtf.... i bought this game thinking the greyed out joystick section was just because it was the beta...... i bought a new joystick for this game. this is pathetic and false advertising if they have joystick menus but than do not support them.... wtf...

Message 18 of 59 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Carbonic, gamers can help each other by suggesting the use of xe360ce or any other dinput to xinput versions. They will come here thinking it's a broken feature, because the very fact that it's marked as "customizable" and has the same keybinding UI as before has made people think it was just like previous Battlefield games. People have posted saying "Why are my options greyed out" etc.

However, here are threads on it in the main forums per your suggestions:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/35455/no-joystick-support-on-trial-version-today

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/19350/joystick-controls-greyed-out-in-key-binder

Message 19 of 59 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well I will be getting my refund shortly before the 24 hour mark

im not paying over £100 for a game that won't support my joystick but expects me to fly a biplane

its a bloody stupid oversight on dices part and one that they will be able to count the cost of

none of my clan will buy it if it doesn't support sticks, simply because that is what we all, without exception use.

your very silly Dice if you have missed this one

Message 20 of 59 (1,355 Views)