Need for Speed 2015 PC game play issue

by 2XScores

Original Post

Need for Speed 2015 PC game play issue

★ Novice

Hey,

I love NFS and have played them all except for Need For Speed 2015 for PC.

So, I bought this game couple of months ago and I love it but there is a rather big issue I am facing while playing it, and it is happening from day 1.

Basically, while playing, in the mid of the game, suddenly the graphics goes off, kind of black screen, and next I see is my car drowning some where, and every thing resets. My observations is,it always happens when I am hitting a high way or a bridge(especially).

This really frustrates me beyond imagination, just think of it, you are doing a sprint and leading the pack, and then suddenly you are the last one just because the graphics went off and every thing resets.So, I am losing my interest as well which I don't want to and am writing this.

Help !!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (703 Views)

Re: Need for Speed 2015 PC game play issue

★ Apprentice

It's gonna frustrate you more when you reach the impossible prestige events, I have the same issue it just takes time to load the world, I think it's an hdd issue it needs an ssd or smthg to perform well cause I didn't find any fixes 

Message 2 of 6 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too, until I found out that my CPU didn't meet the minimum requirements for the game. I set my graphic settings to minimum and it runs fine now.

I thought my PC was good enough to play on decent settings because I optimised it using GeForce Experience, though the "optimised" setting is higher than what my computer can handle.

@0_44JAX44_0

I though you got gold on all prestige events? So they're not really impossible :P 

Message 3 of 6 (614 Views)

★ Apprentice

so far I only got the magnus walker ones on gold and first 2 of amy's missions, they're not really impossible no they're just time consuming, you need to really memorize the track and all the turns but my problem is with drifting, am not really a fan of drifting in general so am not that good at it so gold is gonna be an issue for me 

Message 4 of 6 (601 Views)

★ Novice

Hey @J_Kapa617, thanks for the reply..

My system has  an i5 6500 @ 3.2 ghz with 8 GB and GTX 1060(3gb) video card. I don't think that should be an issue. but again, what is your thoughts looking at my config..

Message 5 of 6 (576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @2XScores,

If you look at the recommended requirements, it says you need a 4GB graphics card, but only 2GB is required as a minimum.

According to GPU Boss, the GTX 1060 (6GB) scored 6.7 for graphics, whereas the GTX 970 (4GB, recommended for NFS) scored 7.3. So it looks like the 1060 (3GB) isn't quite good enough for max graphics, though it should be fine on medium.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-970-vs-GeForce-GTX-1060

With the processor, the i5 4690 is recommended, which scored 7.0 compared to the i5 6500 6.1

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6500-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690

I was playing NFS with a friend yesterday and he had the same problem, and said it wasn't his pc. I also had the problem again, but only during speedlists (maybe because there's more real players/cars to load).

In my case, my pc is probably the main issue, as I only have a very old i7 870 and a GTX 1050.

Have you tried using minimum settings/graphics?

I hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6 (566 Views)