Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

by RouEight

Original Post

Re: Can't change ID

Hero (Retired)

@JosephGoebbels01 wrote:

@IIPrest0nII @EA_Kristi 

Thank you both. How will we know what this issue is solved?

I think someone from Community Managers will update this thread. 

Message 60 of 207 (1,822 Views)

Re: ID contains a prohibited word or character

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Kristi, I checked around 11:30pm EST last night and was able to successfully change my ID. Maybe it was time-locked or a server restarted? At any rate, thanks for the help and good luck to the others!

(PS I was mo7amed131, but now I'm not :D)

Message 61 of 207 (1,807 Views)

EA Staff

Hello all,

We have received some clarification on this situation.

For security reasons, there is a limit on how frequently the Origin ID can be changed. So if you are running into this error and you have recently changed your ID, please wait a few days and then try again.

My apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused. 

- Kristi

Message 62 of 207 (1,878 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for telling us this information. Is there anyway to add a new message such as, "You have recently changed your username wait "x" days to change again." A lot more easy to understand than, :This name containes a prohibited charecter or word." Or, "This ID has been registered already." When it clearly has not been.

Thanks!

Spider

Message 63 of 207 (1,872 Views)

EA Staff

Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestions @Makarasa.

I shall forward this to the studio Standard smile

- Kristi

Message 64 of 207 (1,865 Views)

★★ Novice

I think that the issue is deeper than that. I have been able to change my name twice in two days.  Both times not being able to go back the previous or the one previous to that. 

Had name 1 (original), change to name 2, cannot change to name 1 again. try second day to change to name 1 cannot, change name to another (name 3). Thinking it was my original name Soccer ball I try to change back to name 2, and get the same error, User ID is prohibited.

Clearly there is a name change problem that doesn't allow you change back to your name nor anything like it. I think this is a recent problem as I have never had anything like this happen in the past.

Message 65 of 207 (1,838 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Apparently it's only possible to change your UserID once a day. I'm not 100% sure if it's exactly 24 hours but I'm certain you can't change twice in a short period of time. The error message is misleading.

Message 66 of 207 (1,831 Views)

Re: Why can't I change my name anymore?

EA Staff

Hello @ahm_the_GLITCH,

For security reasons, there is a limit on how frequently the Origin ID can be changed. So if you are running into this error and you have recently changed your ID, please wait a few days and then try again.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

Message 67 of 207 (1,716 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just got my account back after it was hacked. This username is not what I wanted, but it'll do before I can change it. Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue as of recent.

Message 68 of 207 (1,768 Views)

Re: Name change

★★★ Newbie

I see that a lot of them are going through this with the ID change, as it happens to me and that just yesterday I registered a new account of Origin and when I want to put an ID (New) tells me that it is already in use I try to put something at random and It says "ID contains a forbidden word or character" and without being able to do anything try with numbers and letters, combinations of low bar gions and even if nothing has been achieved. Please EA something agan on this subject since many users present this problem, I know that there are many registered users but put something at random and say is already in use, that is outrageous.

Message 69 of 207 (2,081 Views)